Help me choose Expression pedal:

Banditt

I want to get an Expression pedal...mainly to control parameters on my line 6 DL4 delay modeler, but might use it for other items in the future like my Rp-1000, etc.

It would be nice to have one that is dual-use as a volume pedal as well. I've been told that an Active Volume pedal will be better than passive in my situation. I've seen a lot of the Mission Engineering stuff on people's boards and am looking at them and others, and I see so many options: Polarity reversal, 2 ouputs jacks, option leds to show on-off, different k pot sizes, etc.

Just would like some advice, pointers on what you have found works for you, or things that you wish you had?

Black_Label

I use a Mission expression with 2 ports so I can switch back and forth from my DD-500 to my Pitch Fork. For your purposes, I think they make an exp that is specifically for Line 6 devices.

Banditt

Yeah I saw that they made one specific for DL4, but it didn't have all the other options on it that I think might be useful...like "minimum range" etc. and wondering if the other options and future flexabilty are worth the extra money...

Mindcrime

Silver Supporting Member
I'm using a Fractal Audio EV-1. It serves both purposes...volume & expression. I was patient & found one on E-Bay. I won the auction & got this pedal for just under $90. No regrets....

Banditt

The manual for the fractal says you cannot use the Expression and volume controls at the same time. Have you tried? I would prefer to be able to switch back and forth with a switch, but don't know if that is doable...

Mindcrime

Silver Supporting Member
Correct. I don't use them at the same time. I use the volume pedal side BUT....if & when I do need an expression pedal, I'll have that option.

Trending Topics