Help me decide: Epi Slash LP Gold Top or Epi Joe B LP (pelham blue)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by vbf, Jan 18, 2015.

1. vbf

vbf Supporting Member

Gents, I can go with either but can only choose one. Price is the same and they both play great. The Joe B has a FAT neck whereas the Slash neck is narrower. Again, I can go either way. I'm just wondering if one is better than the other value-wise over time. Help me decide please. :)

2. BigPapiFan

BigPapiFan Member

I think the JB Pelham Blue is better looking than the Gold Top. I prefer pickup covers on LPs, I like Gibson pickups (not that the Seymour Duncans are worse), and I really have never cared for Slash or any of his bands. So for me it's easy - I.d get the JB Pelham Blue. But you might want to try them both and get the one that feels and plays better for you.

3. BeardoCI

BeardoCI Member

I'd have the Joe B - Pelham Blue is a great colour, and that's about as far as the decision-making process goes for me. Resale value is neither here nor there - they'll probably both be worth about the same as each other forever...

4. vbf

vbf Supporting Member

Thanks, gents, I'm leaning towards the Joe B. The gentleman selling the Slash is the second owner and doesn't have the COA. There were only 2,000 of the Slash model produced so that's weighing in on my decision. I like and can play both. BTW, the Joe B is practically brand new and unplayed.

5. plaintopper

plaintopper Member

Are they still making Joe B Epis with the pronounced D carve (huge shoulders?) I couldn't adapt to the shape.

6. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

my bonamassa (gold top) is my favorite les paul
    i've yet to find a gibson like it
    neck is an issue for me; i started a whole thread about re-shaping vs. buying a gibson. . . . however, i love every other thing about the guitar. the pickups are phenomenal. i'm a huge burstbucker fan.

7. Custom50

Custom50 Member

I'd be shocked if either became very collectible. Just get the one you like best.

8. vbf

vbf Supporting Member

Thanks guys