Help me decide.. (Low gain OD content)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dudelove, Dec 24, 2009.

1. dudelove

dudelove Member

I can't choose between a Lovepedal Eternity, probably a cheaper non handwired one, and a Barber LTD, half gainer to be precise. I'm basically looking for something smooth, and I'll place it before my KOTB and hit it on for leads. I've owned the LTD black, sold it for some stupid reason, but I'm want to hear how different the Eternity is.

Anyone out there with experience with both pedals? Or any suggestions of something thats in the same ballpark.

2. Cap'nMayhem

Cap'nMayhem Member

The Menatone Blue Collar is in the same ballpark as the Eternity or rather the other way around as the BC came first, but I'm knitpicking.

3. dudelove

dudelove Member

Ah the Blue Collar, I love everything Menatone makes. I'm actually worried about the bump in mids that some of these TS type drives possess. I've tried some boutique ones that claim to have a flat eq and yet the unnatural mids still muddy everything up. I like the mids control on the Half Gainer too..

4. Cap'nMayhem

Cap'nMayhem Member

The Shut Up And Drive has flat mids and sounds absolutely killer as OD or Distortion. Mine is set up before my KOTB on my board and works very well with it. It's so versatile. I highly recommend it.