Help me: Fender/vox sounding amp

gemckay

Right now I've got a fender bassman 59 ltd reissue. It's loud. Going to be finishing up school soon and in a little bit before I know it I'll be in my own place.
Wanted to start the search early for a new amp that is:

-15-20 watts
- good breakup (not too early)
-1,000-1500 bucks (used or new-for head mostly but combos cool too)
- looking at head/cab or combo
- able to pull fender and vox style sounds
- handwired (not pcb)

Appreciate any suggestions since I'm looking to just test out A LOT of
Amps right now.

Thanks guys.

gemckay

Want to play a Morgan real bad but I live in Canada.
That's also 35 watts so it would be too loud unless I got it with power scaling... Somehow. :)

terrapin

It's only 12 watts, but a Princeton Reverb is a thought. It, of course, does the Fender thing very well, and with the right pedal(s) up front can do the Vox thing very nicely.. I use a Lumpy's Lemon Drop, but you could use a Menatone TBIC or other pedals.

Catch

Analog>Digital Converter
Platinum Supporting Member
Sounds like a Carr Viceroy/Vincent to me...I see them for $1800 used. Incredible amp! Also I love my Morgan DAG 15, great tones there.

Chicago Slim

Kustom Defender V15. It's a simple two EL84 amps, with a Volume, Tone, and a Bass Response switch. The Bass switch has four positions, American to British (blackface, tweed, Marshall, Vox?). Stock, the amp has a Vox flavor. It's chimey, articulate, and very touch sensitive.

I swapped the Celestion G10N-40 speaker, with an Eminence Legend 105. And the EL84's, with military grade EL84M's. The amp now has much more headroom, and more of a middy tweed sound. But sorry, it is PCB.

Last edited:

rburkard

Double Platinum Member
Great are the 3rd Power American Dream for Fender, and the British Dream for Vox/Marshall sounds.
Rene

Bugeater

Savage Glas 30.

I've got the 2x12 version that I'm going to post in the emporium if you're interested.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom