Help me figure out a rack setup for my rig?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Resonate01, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Resonate01

Resonate01 Member

Just wondering how this would work out for me and if it makes sense. I want something that will store all my effects into rack drawers closer to my amps. Here's what I'm thinking of doing:

Guitar>

Rack looper (RJM gizmo, GCX, etc)>

Send/ Returns for each effect (2 ODs, Compressor, Delay) Other pedals are controlled via midi>

Out in stereo to my two amps.

Controlled via Midi controller.

Does this make sense? If so, where can I place my tuner and volume pedal in all this? I want a tuner on the board with me and I want my volume pedal on the board as well, but I want it between certain pedals in the rack looper (Before delays, after drives). How can I go about doing this?

2. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

Are your amps just a clean pedal platform?

3. u2streets

u2streets Member

The RJM EG is a good solution. Allows for a volume pedal to be inserted between certain loops and can do stereo out. Getting a volume pedal between drives and delays is no problem, as long as you don't mind running extra cables out to your board. Another interesting solution is the Sound Sculpture Volcano... allows for analog volume control over midi, eliminating the mess of extra cables sent to and from your volume pedal.

4. c diddy 5000

c diddy 5000 Member

ultimately, you can do this with the GCX, which is by far the cheapest solution due to the high number of used units available out there. There are way of hooking it up so that you can use 2 amps in stereo, wet/dry, or A/B. In regards to the volume pedal issue, you can easily place that in between any 2 loops that you desire, as you need to actually connect each of the loops with a patch cable. You could even connect the volume pedal in a loop on its own, and patch it in wherever in the signal chain afterwards. As mentioned in an earlier post, the switchblade volcano is another good option that would give you even more control over your rig. This whole MIDI thing is a long, dark rabbit hole to enter. Pretty soon you will end up like me and want to control minute details of your rig, and you will actually be able to! Good luck!