Help me find a 2-3 channel amp for clean, dirt, solo tones

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by regotheamigo, Dec 16, 2009.

1. regotheamigo

regotheamigo Member

I am a singer, guitar player looking to make my life a little easier on stage, so I can just concentrate on my vocals, and was wanting to know if you guys knew of any great amps that can cover clean, rhythem, and lead solo stuff? I just want to be able to push three buttons, and not have to dance around on effects pedals, amp switchers, etc,, I guess I could also go for a two channel, which would be clean, and rhythem, and a booster pedal if there's something amazing out there. Thanks for the help.

2. Jimmydeez

Jimmydeez Supporting Member

I went through the same thing for a long time. Now I have a Swart AST and a Blackstone appliances OD.

This is basically a three channel setup and is really prefect for me. Here are some multichannel amps that I ended up selling:

1. Soldano Decatone
    2. Mesa Mk IV
    3. Dr. 6545
    4. Bad Cat Black Cat
    5. Budda Superdrive 18
    6. Rivera Quiana
    7. Orange AD30TCH

3. hammersig

hammersig Member

What kind of music? As always my default answer, despite genre, is going to be Peavey Classic 50 and a clean boost pedal, but all of the amps listed by Jimmydeez are great choices.

4. stratotone

stratotone Silver Supporting Member

5. Deaj

Deaj Member

The Mesa Mark V is well worh your consideration!

6. picnic

picnic Supporting Member

Lonestar Special

7. regotheamigo

regotheamigo Member

Not sure how to describe my stuff so if you have time you can hear it at my myspace page below. Thanks

www.myspace.com/reaganbrowne

8. Kelly

Kelly Member

Fryette Sig:X.

9. Phillip_H

Phillip_H Member

I'll echo the sig:x recommendation. It's got all kinds of great tones in it. Lots of flexibility, with footswitchable boost and fx loop.

10. regotheamigo

regotheamigo Member

Thanks for the responses. I've heard a lot of positve stuff about the EVH 5150 3 amp? The Mesa Mark 5 three channel amp sounds interesting too. I bought a Lonestar a while ago at the Hollywood store, and had issues with it, so a little gun shy about buying another Mesa. The Bogner XTC has never done it for me for some reason. I've tried to like that amp but it doens't work out. I played the Ubershall all over my next album and it sounds amazing for the rhythem stuff but felt it was a little sterile sounding for leads. J.M.O

11. dantedayjob

dantedayjob Member

Traynor YCS100H... 3 channels, all tubes, 3 discrete EQ banks, 3 discrete reverb controls, master volume, master presence, master resonance.. switchable between 100watts A/B and 30 watts A... goes from clean to Recto territory... very sweet amp, affordable and a fantastic warranty

12. cyndicate

cyndicate Supporting Member