Help me find a DEEP pedalboard, with a rise or space underneath

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by zekmoe, Sep 4, 2009.

1. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

I'm looking for a Deep pedalboard, that is between 20 and 24", that angles up like a Trailer Trash, so I can put the power supply underneath. TT doesn't make them like that anymore. I can fit what I need on a 30x24, but if I have to go a single row (above the GigRig), I need a 40x18 to fit 10 pedals or so. I think I'll be able to fit the deeper and less wide type in most scenarios.

2. drfrankencopter

drfrankencopter Member

I've got a Pumaboard....I mount my power supplies underneath with no problems. Under the board I have:

• Voodoo labs PP2+
    • Eventide power sup
    • Pigtronix Echolution power sup
    • Radial tonebone power sup
    I had to make some mods to my PP2+ to get it to fit under the board in the location I wanted, but it works great. I'll put up some photos tomorrow.

Cheers

Kris

3. alrghtgy

alrghtgy Member

I don't know why they don't have a 20-24". Thats what I was looking for initially, but then ended up getting a Trailer Trash 28". If you're willing to go to 24", then whats four more inches in the grand scheme of things? haha. It actually ended up being the perfect size for me.
    I have my T Rex fueltank installed on the underside of the deck, along with my VanAmps verb PS. I just bought the board without having them do the custom wiring and jacks. Got locking Neutrik 1/4" jacks, etc at Mouser.com and saved some buckage. Very pleased with the board and construction too.

4. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

I wasn't very clear, sorry. I'm looking for 24" DEEP, not wide. Long narrow boards, with the addition of a gigrig, which iself is deep enough to only allow one pedal most times behind it, leaves many off to the side. Not all the pedals are MXR sized. The pumaboards aren't deep enough, front to back.
    To fit what I want to fit, I can do it on a 30x24 or a 40x18. I want something where I'll get 2 rows behind the gigrig.

5. PUMAMAN

PUMAMAN Member

In fact, I can build a 24" deep board. I get more requests than you might think for "deep" boards with all the switchers being used these days.
    The problem with deep boards is the span may require a 3/4" pc of ply for the top where I usually use 5/8" otherwise there would be some flex in the top.So you can expect it to be heavier. Which is hard to avoid with a board that size anyways with all that will go on it.
    Here's an example: http://www.pumaboards.com/gallery/125a.jpg

6. IG88

IG88 Member

7. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

That's basically what I want. The site now has the picture, but when I looked a while back, it said all boards were 15" deep so they wouldn't be what I want. Should I contact you directly for this?

8. 100JH

100JH Member

I am almost done designing my two boards in Visio. Once I am done, I will start building them. Each one has:

a. Tier I - space for a large loopmaster (15 loops)
    b. Tier II - 27" W x 11" L shelf
    c. Tier III - 27" W x 11" L shelf

The overall board size is 28.5" W x 25.5" L x 8.5" H (in the back). This is for one board, I am building two for my rig.

Each tier/level is slightly higher than the one before it. I was looking at a gigrig initially and understand your dilemma. I think you might be able to fit that on the second tier, or alter the design so that you replace the loopmaster slot for a gigrig (this is what I would do, since 95% of your stomping will now be on the gigrig this will leave Tier II and III for pedals). There is room to underneath to route cables, use two PP2+, a small 6 outlet audio grade surge suppressor and a valvulator.

If you want to build your own, you could use this design/prints to work from. PM me and I can sent you the jpegs if you are serious about it. I have searched high and low for the right board at the right price, and went this route. I will get a much higher quality board for a lot less money. I have already picked out the wood, bought the PP2+'s, ordered the loopmaster, and am waiting on the valvulator. I should have the first board completed by the end of next month. I am also going to route some areas to eliminate some weight but retain the strength. of the board. I will then build two custom cases with extension handles and wheels so it will be easy to transport.

9. PUMAMAN

PUMAMAN Member

"That's basically what I want. The site now has the picture, but when I looked a while back, it said all boards were 15" deep so they wouldn't be what I want. Should I contact you directly for this?"

Yeah 15" is just the standard. Just about any size is possible. Shoot me a quote request from my site and I will be able to give you a price. Don't hesitate to e-mail me with any questions.

10. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

Sounds cool, but I don't own any tools outside of a couple of screwdrivers. I'd still like to see it when done.