help me find a mixer...

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by jzucker, Jan 29, 2008.

  1. jzucker

    jzucker Supporting Member

    May 20, 2003
    Home of the ex-world champion Cavs
    I'm currently using a mackie 1202vlz.

    I'm looking for a mixer which will allow me to record direct to Digital Video through my camera's stereo XLR connectors but using a completely separate mix than what's going through the mains.\

    In theory the 1202 can do this through the aux send 1 but it sums the L & R inputs. Aux send 2 seems to be post faders so my fader settings are effecting the mix. I suppose I can use the channel inserts as a send and output to a separate mixer but is that the best way to go or is there a small mixer that has stereo aux sends that are pre-faders?


Share This Page