• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Help me find a pickup set for a fat strat?

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Hi guys,

I am borrowing my friend's 2008 Amer. st. Fat strat and I am going to buy it.
I want to replace the bridge pickup and alao install a hot enough neck single or stacked single to compete.

I was going to do the Duncan EVH '78, but I am not spending $200.
I also read the EVH needs to he screwed into the body.
I am looking at Dimarzio. The Air Zone bridge seems like a nice fit for bridge and spit tones. What about middle and neck?

Maybe Rio Grandes?

Thanks.

PS - I love these new American ST. Srats. Wow.

Last edited:

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Amps - Bogner Shiva, PWE Event Horizon and Splawn Streetrod.
Music, originals and hard rock from the 70s, 80s and 90s. Mostly 90s STP, Alice in Chains, Tool, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Rage, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Fuel, and even some Led Zep and Rush.

candid_x

I loved a DiMarzio (bridge) Breed for classic rock to modern. It's splits great too, if you like a powerful 2 position, perfect for modern country.

m-m-m

you're looking for a single coil-sized neck pickup, right? Sounds like you want HB sound, too? Air Norton S for humbucker sounds or if you want a more stratty sound ....

.... RUN! GO! .... GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!

Last edited:

SoCalSteve

Try an AT-1 (Andy Timmons model) so you can tell me how you like it!

He likes a warm tone and this pickup really has my interest.

BTW, looks like the OP is suspended so we may not get an update for a while.........................

Trending Topics