Help Me Find An Amp Fits Needs...

WoRn FrEtS

I have a Fender American Professional and a Schecter Omen 6. The amp I currently have is a Blackstar Fly 3. Yes the small one. I also have a ZOOM G1ON pedal. I want an amp just to play in the living room. Maybe 20 watts. I guess that’s enough. Looking at used and want to try an stay well under $150. In my searches, I looked at Peavey Vyper VIP 1 and a 15 watt Vyper(might be same one). Fender Mustang 1 and Champion 20, Line 6, VOX 20 watt also. Which of these or any others you guide me to research? Thanks.

WoRn FrEtS

I was going to actually ask you all about that product. I was really liking the VOX Valvetronix VT20X. I thought the Spark would be way more expensive.

zenas

Living room? In town a watt or two is all you'll really use but that doesn't mean you can't get a good sound out of a much larger amp! Short answer is only you know what you want to hear.
Me? I like a Twin Reverb turned down in that situation. Totally doesn't make sense but over the years with a butload of amps, that's what I like best.
Good luck!

scott58

You might want to think about throwing a tube in the mix. I'm using a POD HD bean with a Valve Jr and Bugera T5. And a POD HD500 with a Special 6. More then enough watts for your needs. Don't really care for modelers by themselves through PA or FRFR, but in front of a low watt tube amp the difference is like night and day for me.

WoRn FrEtS

Well I am nowhere near professional level. Heck mainly a beginner level now. I like all kinds of rock classic some new and some harder stuff. I really want to improvise with backing tracks and just jam. Playing songs are cool. It is something about just making up something on the fly. I like the Spark because of the backing tracks and all the different tones. Just something for the living room. Maybe 10 watts would do it, just didn’t know if there were really good 10 watt amps.

I have a Fender American Professional and a Schecter Omen 6. The amp I currently have is a Blackstar Fly 3. Yes the small one. I also have a ZOOM G1ON pedal. I want an amp just to play in the living room. Maybe 20 watts. I guess that’s enough. Looking at used and want to try an stay well under $150. In my searches, I looked at Peavey Vyper VIP 1 and a 15 watt Vyper(might be same one). Fender Mustang 1 and Champion 20, Line 6, VOX 20 watt also. Which of these or any others you guide me to research? Thanks.
Sorry I can't offer much in the way of recommendation, but I've had more than one knowledgeable person tell me to stay away from the Peavey Vypyr series altogether. Apart from sound quality, which is of course subjective, they're apparently riddled with all kinds of glitches right out of the box. According to one guitar shop employee, a guy who knows his stuff: "For your own good, I wouldn't sell you that thing if you offered to pay double."

Trending Topics