Help me find this wah-wah song please!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by CE-2 Man, Feb 21, 2012.

1. CE-2 Man

CE-2 Man Senior Member

I went to see Noel Gallagher on Sunday night and the gig was great - no gear news to report really, other than someone threw a chocolate bar at Noel and it landed on his pedalboard which drew the trademark Gallagher Glare towards the offender, then it was swiftly kicked away before he launched into a LOUD solo :cool:

But back to my question; once the band had left the stage this really nice music came on, sounded quite 60's, it was a long instrumental wah wah solo over some slow keyboard chords. I think it may be Santana or something similar? Does anyone know the song? Maybe you've seen High Flying Birds recently and heard that song on your way out of the venue and know it, I dunno, any help in locating the song for me would be great.

If it is Santana I'm gonna be gutted cos I'm always slagging him off haha, but this was some niiiiice music, I'd like it in my collection.

2. Wanj

Wanj Member

I'll venture a guess at maggot brain by funkadelic

3. CE-2 Man

CE-2 Man Senior Member

Let's see - to Youtube!

4. CE-2 Man

CE-2 Man Senior Member

Wanj - You are the MAN!!! Correct answer my friend, this is the music.

Thank God, I can go buy this now and then continue to slag off Santana until the end of time.

5. Wanj

Wanj Member

Haha cool

Check out 'Before the Beginning' by John Frusciante off his album 'the empyrean' its class.