• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Help me get a good clean sound out of my mesa please

porsch8

Sounds kinda dull. I'd like to get a little sparkle or depth out of the clean channel of my rectoverb. What can be done?
Change the v1 tube? any setting suggestions?

Jay Strange

Silver Supporting Member
I used to play Mesa's and been through pretty much all of them. The only help I can give is keep the mids low and play withe treble/Presense I found it very helpful to not have my volume on my guitar on ten and use the neck or middle position pickups. A Tung Sol 12AX7 helped warm it up also as well as well broken in speakers. I went through exactly what your hearing with Mesa's! A 5751 12Ax7 was helpful also. Good Luck!

strat-rock

I should add that I had a DC5 long ago, and sold if and bought a '68 Twin. Best move I could have made. And that's after I had the Mesa modded (for a better overdrive tone). It was just too dark to have decent clean tones.

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
Keep your presence and treble high. I get decent cleans out of my dual rec but lots of people dont like the mesa clean sound.

amc

IMHO,

An inexpensive but effective quick fix...

Put a graphic eq in the effects loop
It was shocking to hear the difference a simple Boss GE-7 thru the loop
of my old Boogie Mark2B.

Try it, you'll be pleasantly surprised

amc

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
IMHO,

An inexpensive but effective quick fix...

Put a graphic eq in the effects loop
It was shocking to hear the difference a simple Boss GE-7 thru the loop
of my old Boogie Mark2B.

Try it, you'll be pleasantly surprised

amc
Great suggestion!

Trending Topics