Help me get this tremolo/vibrato sound

Zillie

Hi guys,
please check this tune:

I'm looking for that pulsating sound that goes during the whole song. My trem pedal can't do that. It sounds a bit like leslie to me but very filtered. I love that deep warm tone. What do you think would help me nail that sound?

Martin

Sounds like a Boss Vibrato or similar. Similar to a chorus but with no dry sound so the whole thing has pitch modulation

axdxm

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds like a Boss VB-2. If that speed is good for you, the Malekko Vibrato is a good inexpensive alternative.

Zillie

Thanks a lot. I've always considered VB-2 kind of neutral sounding (just from the clips, I've never had one), so if it can do that- great but it'll be tough to get one. I've been thinking about Strymon Mobius lately- do you think that the chorus in vibrato mode would get me into that area? If not, I'd probably get the Malekko.

WhoJamFan

Amptweaker Swirlpool-all analog tremolo and vibrato with tons of flexibility and features. Check out the demos of it-Creedence to Smiths-faux leslie ramping-and a bass response you can feel in your legs. Built like a tank and has 2 channels.

Zillie

Amptweaker Swirlpool-all analog tremolo and vibrato with tons of flexibility and features. Check out the demos of it-Creedence to Smiths-faux leslie ramping-and a bass response you can feel in your legs. Built like a tank and has 2 channels.
very cool, but almost the same price and footprint as Mobius- it'd probably do the trick but I'm not sure I can justify that... thanks a lot

Trending Topics