Help me out...GAS attack

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by spectreman, Jul 22, 2008.

1. spectreman

spectreman Member

I've been looking for a relic Tele for a while, and I see this John Cruz beauty on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=170240171112&Category=38083&_trksid=p3907.m29

I ran it by my wife last night and she actually gave me permission to go ahead and get it. :AOK:AOK

But......

I'm not yet out of debt....We have paid off nearly every credit card, car, student loan, etc (will still have the mortgage), but won't be out of debt until the end of the year on our current budget. This would put this goal back a few more months.

I had promised myself I wouldn't add to any gear until we could pay with cash...so I'm trying to stick to my word.

Help me out!!!

Tell me why I shouldn't give in and buy it!
    Or somebody else buy it!

Thanks

2. RJM/rydog2223

RJM/rydog2223 Member

Boy that's a tough one. I have been in the same boat and bought the guitar and then had buyer's remorse. On the flip side if ya don't buy it you always think of it as the one that got away. Good luck either way.

3. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

that's a gorgeous one, and going for $2K less than comparable new ones. i have a nice CS Tele worth that but it's a team built custom classic. for a masterbuilt relic, it's a good price and definitely something to give you pause, tho not a no-brainer.

4. Joisey

Joisey Member

Pay off your debt.

5. rgsss14

rgsss14 Gold Supporting Member

Weren't there a couple of Oldworld Teles in the emporium? I have an Oldworld strat and it is purely amazing. Could save yourself about 2K there.....

6. mds

mds Member

There is an endless stream of guitars out there...pay off your debt, save up, and buy it in cash. You'll feel so much better about it...the gotta have it now thing is a strong emotion, but it'll pass...

7. spectreman

spectreman Member

This is what the wife usually says, but this time she said go for it (which really surprised me).

We haven't added any gear in more than a year as we have been lively modestly to pay off everything. We are ahead of schedule, but it is such a good feeling not having to pull out the plastic.

Thanks for the advice...

As far as the guitar goes, do the John Cruz CS guitars live up to the hype?

8. Bhodie

Bhodie Member

+1 plus a whole lot more for an understanding wife... now repay that trust by "staying the course" :dude. There are in fact, on any given day, hundreds of deals I could not "live without".

And, unless it is a one off, played by Clapton, sweated on by Elvis, beaten and burned by Jimi.. there will be another one!

9. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

:agree