Help me out- Lovepedal BBB vs. Morph Vs. 200lbs Vs. Karl

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dewman, Apr 24, 2008.

1. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

I've had the Morph and 200lbs of tone. Just wanting to see how they compare and contrast to the Karl and Black beauty balance....anyone know?

2. 12guitdown

12guitdown Member

I have the morph and the karl. I liked the morph better. It' clearer and tighter, that is, on the sil. side. The karl's a bit looser on the bottom end and would "splat" the note at higher G settings. Both great pedals and I can see how someone might prefer one over the other depending on what they're after. Also, I see more Karls then Morphs on the Bay.

3. jb1911

jb1911 Member

Get a BBB07 and live happily ever after. My fuzz gas died when I got one.

4. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

Can the BBB07 do a convincing Rangemaster? Or is it more of the type of treble boost that is on the Eternity??

5. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

bump, i'd like an answer to this as well.

6. gregory49

gregory49 Member

I've tried them all besides the morph and they all have great uses. Honestly the handwired Karl which is owned by nother TGP member is one of my fav fuzz tones i've tried. Awesome fuzz but on the other hand it can't touch the versatility that the BBB07 had..

Karl = Crazy/ring moddish/octave (which can be semi dialed out)
    BBB07 = Rangemaster/Distortion/Ge Fuzz
    200= is one of the best lead tone pedals I've had.I just prefer to stack my own Overdrives and Fuzz pedals for lead sounds

7. gravy

gravy Member

i use the BBB07 for recording; various shades of fuzz, boost, and drive. on the board it`s a morph at SI settings and a baja tech bone bender before it. who needs an od?

8. jb1911

jb1911 Member

The BBB07 will do everything from light OD to Rangemaster to MKII to Fuzzface and do it better than almost every other fuzz. I've tried a ton of fuzz pedals and the BBB07 is still on my board. The 200 lbs sounds great too, not as versatile or smooth, but it's a great fuzz tone with just the right amount of grit. They are both great fuzzes.