• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Help me pick a third delay

slopeshoulder

I have and like the Timefactor. I will keep it. But I hate programming it on the fly and want to have a few delays to do what it doesn't do, be able to adjust on the fly, and also set up for basic clean ambience and solo tone, using the TF for efx (slap, edge, duck, rotary, looper). Also to take on a mini-board.
I'm going to get a Skreddy echo.

So what should the other one be? I have narrowed it down to retro-sonic, wampler, melleko 919 (pending), cmatmods delay. Deep blue is ruled out, Analogman is mostly unavailable, empress or echoczr are too big. What would you do, assuming you had a timefactor and a skreddy (and a great bruno reverb)?

Thanks!

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
To me, there are three types of stompbox delays -

1) Digital. Tap Tempo, crystal clean, a bit of looping, you name it. Think the Boss DD series.

2) Tape. The kind that excels in short repeats with well defined fat trails and can do a nice atmospheric thing too. Like the DM2 or AD80 (echoplex being the originator of course, but that's not a pedal)

3) Analog. The modulation wonkout thing. Think DMM.

Looks like you have 1 (timefactor) & 2 (skreddy) covered, but need your #3. DMM, or Memory Lane, or any other kind of freakout echo thing can be plugged in here.

Andre357

I use a TF and a carbon copy ( v2 ) on my board and it's a match made in heaven.

If I could get or fit amother delay on my board it would be the skreddy ( which you have on the way )....

So my vote is a Carbon Copy !

slopeshoulder

Thanks the for the replies.
I had a carbon copy (early with useless modulation) and found that the first repeat was a lot louder than any that followed, so it made it hard to set the level. I also re-checked it out on the proguitarshop demo page and found that it had very messed up and grainy repeats on some settings. wassup wit dat?

maresco2

I have the carbon copy on my board now and it really is great. Ide look into the super delay and maybe hold out for the malekko 919 like you had mentioned.

theanalogdream

Silver Supporting Member
if you are getting a skreddy echo, don't get the carbon copy. That's my opinion. you might want to get something a little more analog-ish cause the skreddy does a good tape and mod delay and the timefactor does alot of things great, but a good analog delay is always a good thing to have on your board.
Malekko, analogman, or a deluxe memory man will probably do the trick just great!

Muzzy

Silver Supporting Member
I think the cmatmods deeely is the best in it's price range. Very warm and transparent with a good range.

StompBoxBlues

Just curious, how come the Deep Blue is ruled out?

It might help other folks narrow down to good suggestions for you to know?

Micki001

I've got an Echolution and a Timefactor. Next up for me is likely a Retro-Sonic Analog Delay. Together I've got tons of versatility, from the TimeFactor's great stereo imaging and reverb sounds to its own delays, and the amazing left and right sides of the Echolution (modulated delay and tap delay respectively) - so now I just want a good sounding dedicated analog delay to add to the mix.

therhodeo

You might want to wait till the new Malekko's come out. Really cool features for the price and size.

Maven

Gold Supporting Member
Not to contradict your findings, but I never experienced anything like that while playing a DBD. It sounds, frankly, like you played (or heard) a lemon.
I've had 2 of those and the 2nd one I had was noisy as well...hmmm
They are great sounding though

slopeshoulder

Not to contradict your findings, but I never experienced anything like that while playing a DBD. It sounds, frankly, like you played (or heard) a lemon.
I've had 2 of those and the 2nd one I had was noisy as well...hmmm
They are great sounding though
Yeah, the one I owned might have been a lemon, but others have had it too. I could never get to the bottom of it. But sounds similar to skreddy with fewer features, no?

jpervin

Silver Supporting Member
So what should the other one be? I have narrowed it down to retro-sonic, wampler, melleko 919 (pending), cmatmods delay.
I have a Retro-Sonic for sale on the emporium.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/528474&highlight=righteous

It does a great tape-delay imitation with absolutely no tone suckage or volume drop/increase. For that, I like it better than the DM-2 I used to have. The only thing is that there's a slight pop the first time the pedal's turned on, but it's running into a tweed Deluxe clone, which can be fickle about what pedals are feeding into it. Works great with my silverface Bassman though.

DOMINIC

this is what i like..

to have a big delay with a bunch on presets..like the timefactor..

a small delay for on the go that sounds great..like a mad professor deep blue delay, or a cmatmods delay..

and last a big tape tube delay like a fulltone tube tape echo

kenoflife

Silver Supporting Member
Loud white noise hiss as loud as the notes if any knob goes above 11:00.

really, any knob?

you must have had a lemon - with both the level and the delay knob way
up I can start to get that - but never at a point that I would set it
for in a band context.

Trending Topics