Help me pick a wah

rockford

I want to get into wah-wah, but kinda overwhelmed by the choices. What do you guys recommend for a strat (3 single coils) ?

Marty McFly

Really depends on your price range to start. Also, it will help if you can be more specific if you're looking for a wah for cleaner tones, or higher gain tones.

Around $100, I think the Crybaby Classic is a good wah. Double that price, and you're in the territory of Fulltone Clyde and the Teese family of Wahs.

forgivenman

Silver Supporting Member
I'd reccomend the Digitech EX7 Expression Factory. It has features 7 effects, two of which are wah's. The first wah is a Vox Clyde Deluxe and the second is a standard Crybaby. Here's what separates it (in my mind at least) from other wah's. You can tweak all the parameters- I mean everything. In addition to this, the pedal also functions as a wammy pedal, leslie simulator, univibe, space station, chorus pedal, and flanger. It even comes with 7 distortion options you can access via a heel switch if you need a boost for your signal. I got mine used for $125 TGP and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I especially like the Vox setting and wammy function. Lots of bang for the buck here.

Stressfest

RMC1 is real fat and vocal with a slight volume boost so as not to get lost in the mix...that would be my choice ;)

JackButler

Gold Supporting Member
Jack, how much was the pedalworx, and did you try Teese wahs ?

Yes, I ahev had a few Teese wahs, they are kick ass too, but this Pedalworx kicked my ass.
Can't go wrong with a Teese, he makes awesome stuff as well.

ahltarocka

Silver Supporting Member
I highly recommend the Wilson Wah. Just got one and it is the best Wah I have ever owned and I've owned a few. In addition, the manufacturer Kevin Wilson is very customer focused, great guy to deal with.
www.wilsoneffects.com By the way I own the Rippah Q-Wah.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:AOK

syxxstring

I'm gonna get blasted but I love the Bad Horsie by Morley. Switchless freedom, ah. Also the most intense Wah I've used.
I've always had a hard time switching off the Cry Baby's.

MSD Automagic Silver Machine. It's switchless which is awesome; I'd never go back to a Crybaby style wah. It also has three switchable frequency bands and four switchable filter bandwidths. You can also switch between Classic (wah only) and Modern (wah & dry mix) modes.

ProdMsdAutomagicSm2.bmp

Trending Topics

Top Bottom