Help me pick out a new Guitar!!!

The_Wretched

Here are my top 3 choices:

1. Gibson ES 335 (most expensive)
2. Gibson ES 339
3. Fender 52 Tele Vintage RI

2 different sounds I know...

I have a LP that I LOVE and great McCarty.

I want something different.

I've always love the 335 body/look/tone. But I don't own a single coil Tele. Always wanted one too.

I'm not really a jazz/blues player. I am rhythm rock guy...

Luke V

Silver Supporting Member
Love my 335's and 339, but I must say that a Tele is great for rhythm guitar.

paperlion25

If you're looking for something different then I would get the tele. 335's are great guitars but share a lot sonically with a Les Paul.

GarMan

Silver Supporting Member
Get the Tele man. The damn thing is very versatile, and can cover a lot ground. From my experience you have to go through a lot of 335s to find a great one.

Cignal_20

I'd go the Tele route. Especially with what you already have in the arsenal. They are just different. A buddy of mine has one that just plays great. And the more you beat it the better it looks.

vintage66

Another vote for the tele-I don't like Gibsons or really humbucker guitars for rhythm nearly as much as a tele or strat. Don't forget the tone control for that bridge pickup-having played Les Pauls for a while, you may not be familiar with the tone control and it's uses, but on a tele, it's a thing of beauty. Be aware that on the '52 reissue, the neck pickup will sound like a steaming bowl of doo doo until you do the modern wiring mod on it so really you can't judge that pickup at all in stock form. I semi joke about the tone control since the ones on my LP never move from 10, but I'm constantly fiddling with my Nash tele's tone, but in a good way. Wide open it's brash and biting, roll it back and it sounds like classic rock.

bynt

Another vote for the Tele. Although I really liked the 339 I played, I'd say from what you said, the Tele is just what you're looking for.

Trending Topics