Help me prioritize the changes to my rig

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gibson60, Apr 29, 2008.

1. gibson60

gibson60 Member

Which of these will have the biggest impact on improving my tone? With limited funds, what order would you make the following changes in?

1. Switching from Monster Rock 21' cables (guitar to board, board to guitar) to Fulltone Gold Standard Cables 15'. (leaving MR patch cables for now)

2. Adding a MI Boost n Buff into my signal chain

3. Putting my PH-3 in a TB looper from Keeley

Having trouble deciding which will have the most impact.
    Thanks!
    jp

2. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

It all depends on the rest of your chain. I would say the Crybaby (if not TB'd) will probably be the biggest tonesucker in the chain. The order you have planned is probably what I would do. The boost 'n buff won't make a big difference until the PH-3 is in a looper though.

3. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

if you dont mind me just commenting on this one..i was running the same thing (but a monster studio to amp) i changed them out.....BIG difference.there are mile long threads on this but dont go nuts...lava ELC was my choice nice price,quality and sound. i found the monsters not very good in comparison to these..just my .02. im sure the fulltones are better than the monsters as well.

4. gibson60

gibson60 Member

i definitely appreciate the input. i've used Monster rock cables for so long that i think i've just become used to their sound but i'm interested to see how the Fulltones perform. if i notice a significant difference with the regular cables then i'm going to look into switching out the patch cables as well.

5. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

same here for 10 years...changed the amp to board with ELC..was like woooh this is different! then just kept going..i think whatever your choice youll notice a difference over the monster..good luck !!

6. rogue.guineapig

rogue.guineapig Member

+1.