1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help me set the bias on my Fuchs...

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Riscchip, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Riscchip

Riscchip Member

I have a 2001 bandmaster Fuchs mod, so it's an early one. Can anyone tell me:

1) Where to find the test points / where to put the positive and negative tips of my multimeter to get a measurement.
    2) Where to find the bias adjustment pot / control, etc. I was able to find these on my Fuchs DRRI but I'm not sure where to look on this bad boy.

Will provide a gut-shot if needed.

Thanks.

2. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    You'd probably stand a better chance asking Fuchs directly, there couldn't be that many of these out in the field, and the likihood of finding someone here who has one and knows the answer to your question is pretty low.

If you get a bias probe you won't have to worry about test points.

3. Riscchip

Riscchip Member

Oh, there is a metric ton of Fuchsologists here at TGP. Lots of people who would know this one for sure, but they may well not check the technical forum, so we'll see. This is where I learned how to set the bias on my Fuchs DRRI (should have hung onto that info!).

Thanks for the pointer on the bias probe. I'll look into that.

4. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Pretty simple, send me an e-mail, and I'll outline it for you.

5. Riscchip

Riscchip Member

Thanks Andy! Email sent. :)