Help me to complete my OD collection.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by blueprint, Sep 10, 2005.

1. blueprint

blueprint Member

Hi everybody!

I play mostly bluesy things with single coils into a Matchless chieftain 210. Sometimes, I also use humbuckers.
    Basically, I set my amp clean, or at the verge of breaking and I use pedals to get my overdriven tones.
    Regarding tones, think about SRV or Clapton.
    I use my guitar's volume and tone pots too!

I already have some OD and Fuzz pedals...

Here is the list of my keepers:
    Klon
    Analogman's silver mod TS9/808 and Sun Face
    Lovepedal Eternity and kARL Fuzz
    Cat's Eyes Mista Fuzz
    BJF Pink Purple fuzz
    Digitech Bad Monkey (no one is perfect...)
    I also have a BJF Baby Blue I'm planing to sell and a Jacques Tube Blower....

I'm in search of an OD pedal which can complete my collection. It means something with character and a different tone or "feel" compared to what I already have.
    For example I don't want to buy another 808 pedal unless it has something special...

All suggestions are welcome!

2. mrbluetone

mrbluetone Member

[​IMG]

This very mild overdrive was inspired by an old Supro amp, there is special kind of warm mild overdrive that you can't find from any other amp (or pedal what so ever). Works very well with other pedals or distorting amp giving this fat and warm overdrive character. The pedal is also super dynamic, from clean to overdrive just by using different touch of your hand.

3. theHoss

theHoss Member

Timmy. Ver unique, transparent, and EQable. Great pedal.

4. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I use a TC Jauernig Diabolical Gristle Tone Manipulator. It's everything the keeley modded bd-2 wishes it was, and more. An excellent low/mid gain pedal (it cannot do high gain).

Turn the gain up all the way, put the tone knob anywhere from 12 to 6, set the toggle switch on the left (the more compressed setting), and you'll have an amazing blues tone.

http://mypeoplepc.com/members/tjauernig/tcjauernigelectronics/

For a completely different type of OD, yet still excellent quality, you may want to try out a catalinbread super charged overdrive.

www.catalinbread.com

5. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

You might want to consider one of Brian Mena's pedals. I'd recommend experimenting with The Dirty Blonde or Workingman's Blue, given your musical tastes.

Jeff

6. Big Bob

Big Bob Guest

Have you ever tried a Hotcake? It would be a nice addition to your already fine collection.

Bob

7. fatback

fatback Member

How about a tube od?

Chandler - tube driver, a classic

or a J.T Pedals - Valveboy, my fave.

a Lovepedal - COT-50 to boost it or run on it's own would be nice too.

a bjf - SBeq can overdrive an amp on it's own or help get the most out of your other pedals.

AceBSpankin likes this.
  8. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

Another tube pedal worth checking out is The Tubester from Hot Chile Tube Co. www.tubester.com I love mine. They also make one that's more of a clean boost as opposed to OD/Distortion.

Or get on the wait list for a Zendrive 2. The possiblities are endless.

I got a kick out of your thread topic: "Help me to *complete* my OD collection". I was going to be a smart ass and say "Complete it?? Not possible!". ;)

And speaking of OCD, have you checked out an OCD??

9. 6789

6789 Member