Help me understand.....Two-Rock....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by TheGrooveking, Jan 24, 2008.

1. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I was at a Two-Rock dealer today and the only amp they had in stock of Two-Rock's was the little combo the Jet. I realized after checking when I got home that dealer had put the wrong price on it. The dealer wanted $4,200 for it, but it listed for $3,200 on the manufacture's site.

I realize that at times, the price of items is not immediately apparent. Now I didn't get a chance to play through the amp, but is there something special here I shoud know?

Upon reviewing Two-Rock site, I see that there prices are up there as to say and I know I'll get the "Do the search thing" but I just want the quick straight 411, what makes these amps so costly and/or is their mojo that special.

TheGrooveking

2. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change! Supporting Member

Manufacturers are free to price their products and the time or skill it takes to build them however they wish. This will make 99% of people (most of which cannot afford them) say the amps are a ripoff. Thats pretty much all there is to it.

3. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

You were probably playing a Jet Signature, which is $1000 more...Yes, they are expensive...They always have been///Well, they have their own voice, and are loosly based on Dumble amp designs...Mostly on the Fender side of tones.....some of us here buy them used...My Jet head was $2200...they arent better than say a Budda, Alessandro, Aiken, ect...just different, and they do have a certain mojo...they aren't for everyone...You should bring your guitar in the store and try it out...just for curiousity sake...the clean channel is pretty amazing...Just remember to keep both gain controls above noon....the lead channel you have to crank some for it to start sounding good...the 2 volumes on the amp should be at noon ...then the magic happens...One thing as well with Two Rock is that if you buy one used, you can always get your $$ back....They are built like brick S...houses...all handmade...all point to point wiring...great customer support...are they worth it? for THAT sound....yes

4. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Smart marketing has gotten their prices way up there, but if the tone was not there, no one would be paying the price, myself included. I HAD to buy one after trying one, and it was the last amp I thought I would dig, and I did NOT want to spend that kind of cash. I am happy I did though, as I FINALLy got a tone that has been elusive for YEARS.

ROBBEN FORDS MAGICAL DUMBLE TONE!! :AOK:AOK:AOK:AOK:AOK

5. daveS

daveS lefty dude on hiatus Gold Supporting Member

Between the San Andreas and Calaveras Faults
    I just picked up a Jet head and posted my first impression here.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=185839&page=5

I just got it home this evening. I got this head for $2300 and I consider that a pretty decent deal judging from prices I have seen. So far I am digging the amp....I need to crank it up at practice to get the full effect of it's "mojo" I think. This is my first TR experience.

-d