Help me w/ Inexpensive Guitar for expermental modifications?

staplek

Silver Supporting Member
I'm looking for an inexpensive guitar that's not a total piece of junk for some experimental electronic modifications. I'm looking for a solid body electric under $500 with a bridge and neck pickup. A few things that came to mind were the melody maker reissue or a japanese sg/les paul copy such as burny or tokai. Can anybody recommend something?

voojo

Reverend, though you may find that you won't need to replace the pickups as the stock ones are pretty great!

G

GuitaristZ

jackson...absolute great for that price range. I have a 400$ Jackson thats fantastic.

Mattbedrock

A player who collects
Gold Supporting Member
I'd get a Squire Jagmaster - you can do whatever to it and who would care? Two humbuckers, vol/tone/3 way and a whammy bar. Good cheapness!

Doodad

MIM fender or a Dano. Used they are super cheap, but very servicable. My MIM strat is my main player it is that good.

KCWM

Supporting Member
You can also check out Agile or Dillion guitars. I've never personally played an Agile, but I always seem to hear good things about them. As for Dillion, I played a quilt-top PRS copy at Guitar Center once and A/B'd it with a nicer Epiphone Les Paul model and it definitely compared favorably. In fact, I was going to buy it before my better half nixed that.

You can pick up Dillion guitars for under or around $300 on ebay. When I last checked the agile guitars out, many of them were around that price new.

G

GuitaristZ

*cough* ravenwest?

http://ravenwestguitar.com/elguit.html

ravguitar_1989_33053237

Trending Topics

Top Bottom