Help me with chinese guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by G22, Jan 21, 2015.

1. G22

G22 Member

Hi all,

I want to know fair websites where to buy chinese made acoustic and electric guitars. I don't want copies with counterfeith brand names. I want guitars that have their own brands and are legal.

I want to test those guitars myself. I see too much good feedback on chinese guitars. I can't live if I'm not trying it myself. There's plenty of them that looks awesome. And yes i know theses guitars needs time and fixes.

By now I only know Alibaba who have lots of nice guitars for 50$-150$. The problem is that I need to order several guitar 5-6.

Thank you!

2. ryans guitar exp

ryans guitar exp Member

My advice...don't waste your money. If you want a chinese guitar then buy a Squier, Epiphone, or other "name brand." Even Agile makes decent stuff. Just do a web search for chinese or fake les pauls and you will read countless stories about people that got the wrong guitar, broken guitar, never received their guitar at all etc. I have been selling guitars for 15 years and I have seen a lot of the Chinese stuff that comes from the dark corners on the internet.

You will start with a $150 guitar...Add $200 for better electronics because they use junk parts, another $300 for a fret job, no case? Theres another $100. It is endless.

At least with a Squier or an Epiphone you are getting a good starting point if you want to change parts. They also have warranties and usually come from a reputable business that has a return policy. I would hate to see you have to relive the nightmare that I have seen happen all too often the last 5 or so years. Are there some good ones? Sure. Is it worth the gamble? Usually not.

3. MollyPolly

MollyPolly Senior Member

I'm pretty sure all the Agile stuff is Korean, and a step up from most of the Chinese stuff, although some of the Epiphones are excellent.

If you want good acoustics from China, look into Blueridge, Recording King and especially Eastman.

There's no really no free rides when it comes to acoustic guitars. With solid bodies, you can get lucky with a decent piece of wood, and some minor upgrades and nut/fret work can make an average guitar into a player.

There's no such luck with acoustics. You either build an acoustic properly, or you get one that sounds ******, won't last or both.

4. paulbearer

paulbearer Supporting Member

knock around youtube for similar pursuits...

5. G22

G22 Member

6. swiveltung

swiveltung Member

try SX Furrian guitars. Amazing for the price. Great necks. Better pickups than squire or stock mexis. T and S style available.

7. G22

G22 Member

8. dubdub

dubdub Member

9. amstrtatnut

amstrtatnut Member

Ive bought lots of guitars from Rondo. Sx strats are just ok. Nice necks though. Sx teles are great band for buck. Agiles are sweet. Im loving my LP copy.

Ive been playing 35 years and didnt just fall off the turnip truck.