Help me with my vintage Mutron wah.....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by StudioRat320, Mar 28, 2013.

1. StudioRat320

StudioRat320 Member

I have a Mutron Wah pedal that sounds amazing and is so unique, I can't find an alternative. The problem is the noise and a noticeable increase in over all volume.

This pedal has to be at least 15db louder than anything else I have. While I like the way it pushes my other effects, (OD, Dist in particular), it's introduced a fair amount of noise in my setup. Not really an issue when playing live or recording honestly, but my setup was almost dead silent before I added the pedal.

It still has the original 2 prong AC connection. Would switching to 3 prong solve this issue?

Also, is there a mod that would pad the output if I needed to do that?

Like I said, I gotta have this pedal in my setup and WILL use it, but it would be nice if I can make it a little quieter without losing it's vibe.

Thanks for and comments and help.

J

2. V-man

V-man Member

One alternative to consider is the MXR Noise Clamp. You put noisy pedals in the loop, set the threshold. It was designed to kill hiss and squeal from noisy pedals without killing the entire signal like a Gate does.

I use one for my MXR D+ through my 1959RR. It may be worth a look.

3. StudioRat320

StudioRat320 Member

That look pretty interesting, but what about the volume boost issue?

4. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member Vendor

There is a volume control on the side of the pedal, takes a screwdriver in the slot :)

5. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

I had mine for years before I figured that out.

If turning down the volume doesn't help, send it to Lingenberg Sound for a tune up.

http://www.lsound.com/

6. StudioRat320

StudioRat320 Member

Thanks Mike. You're the man. That did the trick.

LOVE your pedals BTW!!!!