Help Me With Speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bdam123, Mar 29, 2015.

1. bdam123

bdam123 Member

I'm going to be putting an order for two Stage Craft Elite 2x12s. I'll be running my Fuchs Clean Machine and Fuchs Train II through them.

They're mainly going to be for recording for the next few months but I'll eventually take them on the road.

I play anywhere between clean to Hendrix style dirt.

What speaker configurations would you guys recommend?

I'm a total newb when it comes to speakers so feel free to elaborate on why you've suggested.

2. Geeze

Geeze Silver Supporting Member

I'd start here just to get a feel for the different 12" speakers. Rivera does speaker shootouts. You may find a tone you are looking for -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWK0sa7tlfI

The sad reality is we can list all of out favorite speakers [I am a big fan of mixing speakers in a cab] and they might sound like crap to you. Now I am going to put a shameless plug in for Scumbacks - Jim's M series [I have an M75 paired with a Celestion Gold] delivers late 60's to 80's tone without breaking the bank.

Russ

3. NielsM

NielsM Member

Indeed. Like guitars, amps, pedals and pretty much anything it al comes down to personal taste.
    There are so many great speakers available.

Lots of people like the the combination of Alnico and Ceramic speakers. Not to say that it works for everybody.
    I like the combination of the Celestion G12H30 and Celestion Alnico Blue or Gold myself. Seems to get a lot of people exited too.

When you record, make sure you record both speakers and try as many configuration of the mic placement as you can. This could do you so much good. Maybe the last part is as important as what you speakers you put in the cabinet.

Hope this helps.