• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

help: need 12vAC 500mA

BerkeleyJones

hi gang,

I have a PP2+ which is fantastic, but I recently acquired a Kingsley Jouster v1 while awaiting my Jouster v2 to be built.

The v1 runs on 12v AC 500mA, and I don't exactly want to be an entirely new power supply for this temporary pedal as the v2 Jouster runs on 12vDC, many ways to achieve this and I'll likely just use the courtesy outlet on the PP2.

A wall wart? Which is the appropriate one?

Cheers.

Krausewitz

Hahahha

Nice score on the Jouster!!!

Did it come with no wall wart at all? If it did, how does it sound compared to your Harlot?

BerkeleyJones

Hahahha

Nice score on the Jouster!!!

Did it come with no wall wart at all? If it did, how does it sound compared to your Harlot?
Thanks! Haven't put it through it's paces enough but I have two gigs next weekend and will report back. I immediately ordered a Jouster after the first show with the Harlot. They are truly just insane pedals. I think the Jouster is a little "thinner" and meaner than the Harlot but both can be set to sound relative. I kind of want to run the Harlot always on, ala a Page, as very low gain and then use the Jouster as a crunch boost and then a full blown solo boost.

To answer your question, the seller did not have a wall wart so I borrowed a friends t-rex which has one ac outlet. Don't want to switch from my PP2 for a temporary pedal though. Can I get a walk wart at an electronics store?

BerkeleyJones

Something like this?

Amigo AM-121200A AC Adapter 12VAC 1200MA Plug-in Class 2 Power S

(It won't let me link for some reason...)
I owe you a beer. That had 1200mA but lead me to find the below link. Thanks for your help! See, Kingsley pedals even make people nicer due to the happiness of tone factor!

12VAC 500mA AC-to-AC Wall Adapter Power Supply

Krausewitz

I owe you a beer. That had 1200mA but lead me to find the below link. Thanks for your help! See, Kingsley pedals even make people nicer due to the happiness of tone factor!

12VAC 500mA AC-to-AC Wall Adapter Power Supply
Score!

Glad you found something. Rock on! :)

Krausewitz

The Jouster description says that the first channel is a little rounder. Is this true? Do you find it to be a problem? I like a bright, spanky sound (lifelong Tele player).

Just working out if I'll need to ask Simon to mod my Jouster when I get one...!

Squatch57

I'd get the bigger one if the price is similar. You never know when you might wanna add another AC pedal
Rotosphere, Rockman module or whatever
I picked up a used Cioks AC8 for my Rotosphere, but even that was too expensive

BerkeleyJones

The Jouster description says that the first channel is a little rounder. Is this true? Do you find it to be a problem? I like a bright, spanky sound (lifelong Tele player).

Just working out if I'll need to ask Simon to mod my Jouster when I get one...!
Hey man. I actually emailed Simon before ordering a v2 to ask about the differences. He said the v1 (big enclosure) is actually brighter. I find it to be able to dial in just about any sound with the modes and tone knob with a usable range throughout. So, you can set up either channel to be as bright as you like. Not to mention, that Tele bridge single coil will get you there!

As such, I have a v1 now but instead of modding it, I just ordered a new Jouster. He says they are quite similar in sound.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom