Help! Need a Cheap Guitar

Waffles

My friends is looking for a replacement for his guitar any suggestions for something under $200 besides a Squire strat

Jerryr

Those prices at rondomusic are rather incredible for what you get (or what's advertised :) ).

Very nice looking Strat (SST57) with Alder body for $100??. How do they find a piece of wood that size for $100 :huh Then they have to add a neck and electronics geeez.

EricPeterson

New rondomusic.net is your best bet. I have one of their bases and it is pretty good, awesome for the cash. I just got a Ibanez Artcore off craigslist for about that much cash and it rocks.

Waffles

thanx i think he found what he wants btw I don't trust first act because they always have their action set way too high for me

SupDude

Check out Xaviere Guitars on GuitarFetish.com

They look really nice and I've heard they are actually very high quality

Jerryr

You could find one of the Ibanez solid body guitars (strat like - I have an EX series) for $200 or less and they are great guitars. The one I have is about 15 years old now and still has a nice straight neck that plays beautifully. It was actually my sons guitar and he always claimed he like it better than my Les Paul. The Ibanez neck was sure easy to play and with a HSH pickup arrangement it is pretty versatile.

marantz1300

Dont rule out Squier's. I have a Squier Standard Tele that plays as well as the Mex and USA Teles I've had. Solid guitars.Fender have been building guitars for nearly sixty years and know what they are doing.

Tone_Terrific

Supporting Member
The joy of Squiers is that you can walk into the store and try 1 or 2, or 6. If you can recognize a decent guitar and/or can make some adjustments you get to pick your own fav.

ESPLTD200FM

Find a S/H ESP LTD amazing QC and playability at the price .
I agree with this. I have a ESP LTD M-50 (it was my first guitar) and it is a great guitar for very cheap.......

It's just like this picture: They're about $199

Last edited:

Waffles

nice looking guitars above I saw a 7 strings model similar in looks to them in my music shop for 450