• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Help! Need a diagnosis...

phight44

Have an AC15H1TV head that has had no issues whatsoever. Fired it up this morning, and everything was fine, until, all of a sudden, in the middle of a G chord, I lost all signal to my speaker.

Here is what I know:
1. Signal going into the amp is fine. Switched amp heads and everything worked fine.
2. Speaker and cable are fine. Again, switched heads with the same cab and cable.
3. Power light is on.
4. Volume is up. Like I said, stopped in the middle of a chord.
5. No sound is coming out of the cab at all. No hiss, buzz, crackle...nothing.
6. Again, there was no indication this was coming. No abnormal buzz, hum, snap, crackle, or pop.

Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try your spare tubes, does your amp have a HT fuse? (if this is blown it could indicate a tube failure), if not, do you have a multi-meter?

phight44

Don't have spare tubes yet (new amp), but I do have a multimeter. Wouldn't I get a crackle or fade if it were a tube issue?

Not always, dead tubes tell no tales.

No sound at all... I would check for high voltage to and from the rectifier tube.

Edit my post above to: check for voltage to a from the rectifier... Not all are high voltage.

phight44

Sorry for abandoning this thread. And thanks for the input. It ended up being the rectifier tube for those who are interested...

Prerequisite

Sorry for abandoning this thread. And thanks for the input. It ended up being the rectifier tube for those who are interested...
I was going to suggest this. The salesman warned me when I got my HW that he had a few rectifier tubes go bad in his Vox amps.

The guys at Guitar Resurrection replace the imported EZ81's with NOS from Jim's stash in the 65 Amps they sell due to this.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom