• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Help:Pedal match for Matchless???

shayneallen

I only have a C30, so I should keep my mouth shut, :hide2 but surprisingly one of the most happenin' things I have ever used with that is the Nobles ODR1. Just the right voice to make channel 2 absolutely kill.

So if the little brothers have anything in common.....:)

leblanc74

My favorite dirt pedal with the 30/15 is Timmy, Mesa V Twin, Carl Martin Plexitone(3 channel) ..for more control I use fromel eq in the amps' loop

In my experience (DC30), the best pedals were treble boosters and linear boosters or fuzzes. Mid heavy OD's never really worked for me.

Madison

Although mainly considered a perfect blackface OD, I've used a PoT with my Lighting for well over a year. They don't stick around long if the sound is not there.

tubetone74

Timmy, Wampler Ecstasy (in open mode). Id like to hear from more Matchless users on this. This amp sounds fantastic loud, but does not take pedals as well at lower volumes.

teleluvver

I gigged for over a year with a Matchless Lightning. Every place I played was a volume concern, so I had to find pedals that would sound great on their own at lower volumes. What I ended up using ( and still use) was a Lovepedal Eternity into a Zendrive. I played the amp clean, used the Lovepedal for crunch and added the Zen for thick OD/solo tones. I have some videos of this on YouTube somewhere, but someone else posted them and I'd have to find them.

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
I have an HC30 and use the following:
- Light OD: the left side of a Wampler Dual Fusion in the "natural" position
- Heavy OD/Lead: the right side of the Dual Fusion in the "smooth" position
- Darker OD/dirty boost: Tim pedal set to edge of breakup

I have a Morning Glory and a Sweet Tea on the way. I'm hoping the MG will replace the Tim, and the Sweet Tea will give me more gain for lead than the Dual Fusion.

Braunzo

I use some weird dipswitch settings on my Xotic SL as of late for my main rhythm sound when I use my Lightning (which is my main amp). It's on Superbass mode and I think every other dipswitch is up. It's pretty damn close to the amp's pushed sound. I'd second the Tim(my) if you're just going for an open rhythm sound, but I needed a bit more gain for the stuff I do. I use an Xotic AC for lower gain stuff. For fuzz, the only two fuzzes I've really enjoyed with the Lightning is the Blackout Effectors Musket and most recently (and loving VERY much for the past few gigs) the Caroline Guitar Company Olympia.

jimbugg

Silver Supporting Member
I'm really enjoying the JHS Superbolt and Bondi Sick As with my Lightning.

Michael_V

Silver Supporting Member
Pre-MOSFET FD2 sounded great through my Spitfire. And a Keeley modded Rat. These were the very best I tried, and I'm still using them with my Matchless Baby. Honorable mention to the Green Rhino, Signa Drive, and Scarlett Love V1.

Strongly disagree on the Timmy recommendations for these amps.

cg

Gold Supporting Member
I played a Lightning for quite awhile and lots of pedals worked pretty well, but the Timmy was great for boost and a Barber Direct Drive was super for heavier stuff.

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
I just picked up a Morning Glory yesterday. Spent some time with it last night and tonight, and it's really nice. Feels more open and uncompressed than my Tim, and is, of course voiced a little differently. I'm really digging' it for edge of breakup stuff, and clean-ish picking... I'm going to use it as my always-on drive pedal this Sunday with the drive between 9:00 and noon, and move my Tim to the end of the chain, set to light drive to use as a punchy-mids lead boost, or as additional dirt for heavier rhythm. I have a Dual Fusion between the two that I use as my main lead drive or for higher gain stuff. I use the EF86 channel of my HC30 probably 80% of the time. I think it sits a little better in the mix than the Lightning side.

I do have a Sweet Tea on the way which I think may kick the Tim and Dual Fusion off the board. Should know early next week.

barrym

My Lightning needs volume to make pedals sound good, at home I just play direct into the amp and use the volume pot on the guitar.
Hot Cake, Bogner Ecstasy Blue and Rockett Archer are three very different sounding pedals that sound great with my Lightning, it really depends on what sound you're after.
Didn't like the Tim at all.

AuroraTide

I have a DC30 clone and I use a Klone and Bluesbreaker and love my tone. Never a probably cutting through

Trending Topics

Top Bottom