1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Help Please Effects

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Crackshot, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Crackshot

Crackshot Member

On the song "Fox on the Run" by sweet, the very intro uses a echoing synth that sounds like a ray gun or something. what gear are they using and for future reference what is the sound called. Instead of me searching youtube for alien ray gun synth.

I am playing a show and would like that noise to be during our intro.

HELP!!

Do I need to get a synth keyboard or is there a way to do this sound from my guitar with some pedals?

2. Kelfecil

Kelfecil Member

Frequency Analyzer?
    Some kind of ring-mod-tremolo'ed? :p

I like sounds like that too...so BUMPing the thread higher to see an answer.

3. x-ray specs

x-ray specs Member

Sounds like you may be able to accomplish that effect with something like the Pigtronix Mothership and a choppy tremolo. Or maybe the Whammy pedal and trem. It's never gonna be exact without a good analog synth though, and lots of talent.

4. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

I would just get a Ray Gun.