HELP! Proco rat switch wiring?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dksouthpaw, Sep 22, 2008.

1. dksouthpaw

dksouthpaw Member

ok so i've been going through and giving my rat a face lift, it was really nasty inside, lots of gunk etc etc. Well i thought i was being careful in replacing one wire at a time, but some where along the way i must have gotten off track because now all that happens in the led turns on. no noise though, and nothing when bypassed.

so obviously i've done something wrong. It's one of the early rats with LED's, has the DPDT switch- i guess it's the Arrow style true bypass, but when i look at that model i dont see how that works out for the rat.

HELP!!!

2. dksouthpaw

dksouthpaw Member

3. jstone

jstone Member

4. dksouthpaw

dksouthpaw Member

ha! thats perfect- i knew i had seen that page before but for the life of me i couldnt find it

5. kludge

kludge The droid you're looking for

It may not be a bypass issue... maybe the Rat just blew itself up. That happened to my old Rat. I talked to Robert Keeley about it, and he said it was probably a burned component in the power supply circuit - apparently, something's underrated in their and burns out on well-used older Rats. He said he'd fix it for free as part of his mods, and he did.

Mmmm. I LOVES my Rat!

6. dksouthpaw

dksouthpaw Member

hmm, well it worked when i wired everything up, then i moved some wires to better fit in a new enclosure...and it didnt work...it was also like 1 or 2 in the morning so i might have just crossed a wire somewhere...

thats what i'm hoping for anyways :D

7. SonicVI

SonicVI Member

I believe the early LED rat's use a DPDT switch and a circuit similar to the Millenium bypass at www.geofex.com for LED and effective bypass.

8. dksouthpaw

dksouthpaw Member

yeah the circuit they use is the Arrow switching system or something, but it does something different so i got confused

9. dksouthpaw

dksouthpaw Member

could anyone just take a picture inside their Rat 2? or maybe tell me where the colored wires go from board to switch and from board to out and in's????

10. soulsonic

soulsonic Member