Help quick, Is this a good deal on a Princeton?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by nemp, Oct 20, 2005.

1. nemp

nemp Member

1970 Princeton @813 (what ever that means) with an Italian made Jensen 12" "special design". With the foot switch, the back of the amp says USA 71. There asking $499 I will try to get them down a bit.

2. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Well, good news and bad news. $499 for a SF Princeton Reverb is a killer deal-they usually run in the $600+ range. Unfortunately, that amp has had its baffle replaced for teh 12" speaker, so $499 is probably about right. I'd sell the Jensen and replace with a Weber 12A100 or something similar...

3. nemp

nemp Member

oops i think it was a 10" Jensen.

4. Reeek

Reeek Member

Much better then but still, you haven't described what condition it's in.

5. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

Just to be clear, is it a Princeton or a Princeton Reverb? The Reverbs seem to go for a good bit more, at least from what I've seen.

Bryan

6. nemp

nemp Member

Its a plain Princeton but has tremolo i think. It had a ft switch and had knobs for speed intencity.

7. Wakarusa

Wakarusa Member

I usually use fleabay for best guess at current pricing. Seems that completed auctions for these are all over the place -- as low as $350, as high as $500+. T'were my $$, $499 would be on the high side, but I'd subtract for the installation of the 12" Jensen, where others might see it as added value.

FleaBay Search