1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Help quick, Is this a good deal on a Princeton?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by nemp, Oct 20, 2005.

1. nemp

nemp Member

1970 Princeton @813 (what ever that means) with an Italian made Jensen 12" "special design". With the foot switch, the back of the amp says USA 71. There asking $499 I will try to get them down a bit.

2. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Well, good news and bad news. $499 for a SF Princeton Reverb is a killer deal-they usually run in the $600+ range. Unfortunately, that amp has had its baffle replaced for teh 12" speaker, so $499 is probably about right. I'd sell the Jensen and replace with a Weber 12A100 or something similar...

3. nemp

nemp Member

oops i think it was a 10" Jensen.

4. Reeek

Reeek Member

Much better then but still, you haven't described what condition it's in.

5. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

Just to be clear, is it a Princeton or a Princeton Reverb? The Reverbs seem to go for a good bit more, at least from what I've seen.

Bryan

6. nemp

nemp Member

Its a plain Princeton but has tremolo i think. It had a ft switch and had knobs for speed intencity.

7. Wakarusa

Wakarusa Member

I usually use fleabay for best guess at current pricing. Seems that completed auctions for these are all over the place -- as low as $350, as high as $500+. T'were my $$, $499 would be on the high side, but I'd subtract for the installation of the 12" Jensen, where others might see it as added value.

FleaBay Search