1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help Quick!!!marshall Content...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by markom89, Jul 25, 2006.

1. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Ive been looking for a Marshall silver jubilee 2555 25/50 for a LONG time now, I know I havent mentioned it on here ever, but its the truth, as many of you know Im a HUGE frusciante fan and have wanted to get tone like his forever, and now I have the chance to pick one up, in pretty good condition, just some tolex tears (very minor)...its going for $2125, but I think I could get it for $2000. Its from 1987. Is this a good deal? I really have been looking at this for a while, but have some cash now and would love to own it, but is the price good? How are the cleans? Distortion? Does it take pedals? Thanks in advance....

2. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

n.j. thats the one, Ive talked to the guy and he said maybe he could do $2000. And I do wante a komet/mad prof/etc. But this is an amp you dont see everyday and Ive been looking for one forever and couldnt find it. So what do you think? The other half stack ones beat up and the dude will only ship within the US...

3. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Call Bizarre Guitar in Reno, they had a real clean one (used to be mine).

775-331-1001

Ask for Shannon, Greg or Tom.

4. robbert

robbert Member

Do keep in mind that Frusciante uses it only for his LIVE lead tone.
    His LIVE clean tone is a Marshall 200 watt major.
    Californication and By the Way were recorded with a superbass & jtm45 & some parts with a fender showman for instance the clean sound on scar tissue.

5. robbert

robbert Member

Oh and whenever he used his Gretsch in the past it went through the showman too.
    I don't know what he uses on the new album altogether.

*edited for spelling/grammar

6. Roe

Roe Member

Having tried and heard several silver jubilees, I don't think they're worth that kind of money - esp. as you have no guarantee it's in a great condition. In europe these amps sell a lot cheaper.

for that kind of money, I'd buy a germino superbass clone (headroom 100 with bass specs) or a metro. haven't frusciante used a superbass too?

7. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

8. Jerrod

You think his mom is gonna let him drive that far, even if he did get a 93% in English?

9. vinney57

vinney57 Member

:rotflmao

10. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

the dude wont ship to Canada. Im definatley not taking a road trip there to save $100 and get a beat up cab when I would spend more than what the cab is worth on gas, you know...driving a 2007 taho...I know that JF uses it live mainly...and the germino route occured to me. Is it some kind of a special circuit design or is it like a regular jcm 800/900?

Jerrod- enough with the sarcasm already...it scares me that you remember things like the marks I get in school...and that you were dead on...

11. Jerrod

Did you ever watch Seinfeld? Remember the term "money jerk?"

Dude, how could I FORGET that? You're the only guy on the board that I've seen post about his good English grades, let alone in a thread filled with poor grammar, spelling, and punctuation. That's some funny stuff!

12. Ironman

Ironman Member

Man, the Jubilee's are pricey these days! Yes, only a Jubilee can get a Jubilee tone...of course getting a Slash is an option too, same tone and cheaper if you can find a nice one out there. I use my 2555 strictly for dirty tones, it's a channel switcher but you'd have to compromise the dirty tone to get a decent clean. Dialed in properly for a full on rock tone is a thing of beauty and that's where its happiest.

2K is a lot definitely but I guess it all depends on how bad you want one. Tough call, there are so many great amps out there around that price range. Best of luck!

13. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

14. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

I have the LTZ, the fully loaded one...Ill take some pictures with my pedals on the hood... but thats OT...thanks to you. Lets get back on topic shall we?...

15. m4tt

m4tt Member

:rotflmao

16. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

Jeeez guys. Give the kid a break. If you don't want to help/read his posts, why bother responding? Put him on the ignore list rather than picking on him. Yes he gets excited easily. So what?

At anyrate. I'm one that the Jubilee is the best amp Marshall ever made. Nothing sounds like one that I've seen (still kicking myself for selling my Slash) If you can do it, buy it.

Me, I would find a slash. If its a bit less, it's newer and if nothing else, less wear and tear on the filter caps.

17. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

thanks for the advice mike. I would look into a slash but I really want "THE" frusciante tone for live, and I think this would nail it.

18. big mike

Cool man. Whatever works for you.

FYI the Slash is the exact same amp. No changes from the Jubilee recipe at all.

19. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Really? The only change is the colour of the tolex?...and the fact that the slash says...slash on it? Is there any Germino that I would look for in specific to get the jubilee tone or do I just go with the one on e-bay?

20. big mike

That is correct. It is an exact reissue of the silver jubilee 2555. Also, Marshall made them for a few more years in black tolex as well. You may also be able to find the 2553 small box 50 watt head for a bit less dough.

I'm not as familiar with Germino's as others. I've played his C45 and it's a terrific amp. Greg's stuff is certainly top notch, but i don't believe he does an amp that sounds like the Jubilee. The 2555 Marshall Jubilee, slash, etc. use a clipping diode overdrive circuit in the amp. Germino's do not use this as far as I know. If you want *THAT* tone, you need *THAT* amp.

So it's a 2555, or 2553 in grey or black, or a JCM slash.

THere's a slash in the emporuim here now for 1700.

Hope that helps.