1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

HELP!!! (Replacing pickup rings....)

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by jec, Nov 7, 2005.

1. jec

jec Supporting Member

Has anybody out there ever replaced the pickup rings that fit over humbuckers? They are spring loaded, and (this was a brilliant move on my part) I already took out the screws. How in the world do you compress those screws back down enough to get the screws back in????

arrrrrgh

2. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Member

LOL!!!

Just be a little patient is all....lol.

Usually I hold the pup with my left hand while fumbling with the ring/screw/spring with my right. I kinda palm the ring and try to pull up on the spring with two finger(nails), pulling it up as to get the screw started in the hole.
    Hope this helps a little...

3. jec

jec Supporting Member

Thanks! Although I think I need to meditate or something before I try again...

4. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Member

Just take your time and be patient. ;)

5. jec

jec Supporting Member

sweet....one down one to go... I think we could solve the world's energy crisis by using the power of those springs. Geez