Help>Slipknot>Bold As Love (instrumental acoustic)

jkendrick

I've been toying with the idea of doing this at an open mic. But I'm not sure it works. It sure is fun to play but I'm not sure it's full enough to stand on its own. Does the transition from Slipknot to Bold As Love work? The very different tempos bother me somewhat. Also is the Bold As Love solo full enough to stand on its own? Still a few clams in there so I'd need to practice it more if I want to actually perform it.

JParry335

I've been toying with the idea of doing this at an open mic. But I'm not sure it works. It sure is fun to play but I'm not sure it's full enough to stand on its own. Does the transition from Slipknot to Bold As Love work? The very different tempos bother me somewhat. Also is the Bold As Love solo full enough to stand on its own? Still a few clams in there so I'd need to practice it more if I want to actually perform it.

I've always been a bit eclectic I guess for lack of a better term at turning weird things into medlies. I like what you're doing but one thing I've found is that single note, screaming electric guitar solos do not come across well as a solo acoustic endeavor. You have a good feel for the music but I would recommend leaving the solos out and just using the meaty parts of the song. If you can go back to the Slipknot tune at some point and bring it back to the beginning that might tie it together.
I won't hijack your thread but if you check out my channel I have a medley of completely unrelated tunes done on acoustic. You may like it and you may not but either way it might give you some ideas.
Whatever you decide, let us know how it turns out!
Play on!

jkendrick

I've always been a bit eclectic I guess for lack of a better term at turning weird things into medlies. I like what you're doing but one thing I've found is that single note, screaming electric guitar solos do not come across well as a solo acoustic endeavor. You have a good feel for the music but I would recommend leaving the solos out and just using the meaty parts of the song. If you can go back to the Slipknot tune at some point and bring it back to the beginning that might tie it together.
I won't hijack your thread but if you check out my channel I have a medley of completely unrelated tunes done on acoustic. You may like it and you may not but either way it might give you some ideas.
Whatever you decide, let us know how it turns out!
Play on!
Thanks for taking a listen and for the thoughtful feedback. I agree 100%. I was hopeful I was being too critical of myself, but I don't think it works in this format, particularly the Bold As Love. I had heard the Bold As Love isolated track and it made me think it could work in this format. I'm also hoping to put myself out there at open mics to potentially hook up with a band and thought these tunes could showcase my ability, be that as it may. Thanks again for the feedback.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom