HELP... Strap Button HELP needed.........

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by ToneZappa, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

I have a project guitar on the boil its basically a Fender Jaguar shape and I need to move the horn strap button to the back of the guitar. The goal is to make the guitar hang so the neck is further to the left (right handed guitar) as I find that easier to play due to the angle of the hand (my playing is all legato check out my sig below) but I dont want the top of the guitar leaning forward...... Anyone got any ideas and experience in this?

Thanks... Bub. :aok

2. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Member

Yes. A strap button on the back will cause the guitar to tip forward on a strap. SGs are prone to this and it's one of the reasons I can't stand the things.

3. J3F

J3F Member

I'm thinking of doing the same thing on my ibanez S540... I love the way my LP's push the neck forward (to the left) and hate the way strat type things are much more "into" you on a strap... I was gonna put the button on the back of the ibanez, at roughly the fret position that it is on my LP (if that makes sense).

To stop the lower bout leaning forward, I'd
    Say put the button above the line of the neck... Maybe!

For the record, I don't think we're talking about strap button placement relating to neck heaviness, more the left hand playing position...?

4. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

I think if you have the strap really low then the guitar may tip forward. I had an SG for about 20 years and never had this problem I have the guitar quite high and find the forearm just keeps the guitar in the right position.

Thats right the left hand playing position... I may have to try the back of the upper horn !!!