Help to keep knobs on pedal from being kicked?

tele_jas

I have a Pigtronix Philospher's tone that, to me is laid out all wrong... I love the pedal (only compressor I've ever liked) but to get it to fit on my board, I have to turn it sideways which puts the knobs on the left of the pedal with the stomp on the right, only about an inch between the two and I KNOW I'll move the knobs, several times nightly.

Any idea's on how to cover the knobs up so I don't move them every time I click it on and off? If this was something I kept on all night, I'd just stick it out of reach....But I use it, only need it, on about every other song.

tele_jas

i scotch tape mine down
Lol.... I did think about running some duct tape or black tape across the top of them and down around the knobs one time, but was worried it might make the knobs sticky and hard to clean (if I ever sell it). I even thought about a rubber band.

xcc

Lol.... I did think about running some duct tape or black tape across the top of them and down around the knobs one time, but was worried it might make the knobs sticky and hard to clean (if I ever sell it). I even thought about a rubber band.
Professional Gaffer's Tape would work while being removable. It's like duct tape, but designed to be reusable and residue free. Cheap on Amazon.

Reactions: bdm

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
I use rubber grolsh washers to "lock" the knobs in place, on some of my pedals. Just take the knob off, put the washer on, put the knob back on, and it's very difficult, if not impossible, to turn them accidentally.

Those knobs are pretty close together, so you might need smaller washers, or even O-rings, but it works well. Just make sure the knob is pushed down onto the washer/ring enough to hold it in place.

Phisherman

Raise the level of the pedals in the back. Try 1/4" plywood cut to fit or something of the sort. If they are raised you'll be less likely to hit the knobs.

If you have a pedaltrain, they make risers that will bring the back pedals up. Works great for me.

I have a Pigtronix Philospher's tone that, to me is laid out all wrong... I love the pedal (only compressor I've ever liked) but to get it to fit on my board, I have to turn it sideways which puts the knobs on the left of the pedal with the stomp on the right, only about an inch between the two and I KNOW I'll move the knobs, several times nightly.

Any idea's on how to cover the knobs up so I don't move them every time I click it on and off? If this was something I kept on all night, I'd just stick it out of reach....But I use it, only need it, on about every other song.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Gaff tape is the answer... Today is the first time I have ever seen it referred to as "cheap."

Another option is to pull the knobs off once it is set.

BUFFALO BOB

i've always used rubber washers (they come in different sizes & thickness at the hardware store & are cheap)...just take your knobs off put the washer on evenly and press the knob down when screwing it back on..turn knobs to your settings and forgetaboutit..takes very little effort if you want to change settings but they stay where you set them...i have always done this ...

Blues Lyne

Another vote for rubber o-rings. I have them on all my pedals and amps. Also helps stop cables from catching the knobs and turning them during the set or settings getting accidentally changed between gigs.

Funky Monkey

Silver Supporting Member
"Raise" the footswitch. jnepo1 makes footswitch buttons that could help. I got two to keep me from accidentally hitting both footswitches of my Henderson RC Booster and to keep me from hitting the knobs of said pedal when I kick on my Ditto which is directly behind it. Problem solved. Now I've got four more raw aluminum buttons on the way for my true bypass looper...to keep me from hitting the knobs of the pedals in front of it (and, well, because I just like them so much!)

ShomerShabbos

Best solution: Rack em!

Put them in sliding rack trays and control via MIDI controller. Completely protected from bumps, beer and weather

DaveKS

Don't think stompshields will work, pots are too close together.

I'd do o-rings as suggested above, when get them, clean them with alcohol to get oily film off them, they'll be a little more clingy. Push down firmly then tighten up set screw on knob. Not 100% fool proof but works very good for most part and cheap, that's gonna be a hard one not to hit knobs on.

Truthfully id probably just get a single true bypass looper, mount it where needed and just mount pedal on board far away from any stomp zone at back.

Trending Topics