• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

HELP Tone King Imperial Reverb noise problems!

Sammy

Just bought the combo yesterday but have had to start a new thread as need urgent help with the amp, please.

Just a couple of problems, which I thought was a dodgy reverb valve when I tried it out, so have emailed Mark Bartell. see email copy of below

"It sounds great but with a couple of problems, which appears to be something to do with the reverb. When you try to turn the reverb on there is a really loud humming sound, I have changed both the reverb tubes AT7 and the AX7 and even taken both out but the loud hum is still there when you turn the reverb control on. Also when you switch the standby off there is a loud pop, the same again when you switch from lead to the rhythm channel or visa versa using the front switch.

Do you have any suggestions please!

Also did the amp come with a footswitch, can't remember now as he didn't have it? Plus is it a double switch that plugs into the tremolo input as I can't see an input for the channel switching! "

If any of you guys have any answers to the above I would much appreciate your advice as don't know how long Mark will take to reply to me nad I want to get it sorted asap.

By the way its serial no 012 ver 11

Thanks

Twangdaddy

Check the reverb springs inside the bag - they are somewhat loosely strung to begin with - they might have fallen off the clips.

Mine happened during shipping.

Good luck!

Sammy

Check the reverb springs inside the bag - they are somewhat loosely strung to begin with - they might have fallen off the clips.

Mine happened during shipping.

Good luck!
Nothing to do with the springs as noise is there even if I take the two reverb valves totally out! Also noticed large pop when I turn standby switch off!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom