1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!!! Tube question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by therigaletto, Mar 16, 2006.

1. therigaletto

therigaletto Member

Ok I have an ebay deal going south. I shipped a Marshall 100 watt all tube head to Hawaii. The box came beat to crap and the guy said the amp doesnt work. I personally played it the day before I sent it out and its always worked flawlessly. He got insurance on the head but instead of looking into the insurance he got rid of the box, put all new tubes in there and is taking it down to his repair shop. Did he just negate the insurance? Also he said the power tubes were bad and I had those replaced a couple months ago. He said there is a black ring around them. Could that have been caused in shipping. I also play that thing a literal 20 hours a week. would that just be normal wear? Thanks so much you guys are awesome!

2. Daddy Elmis

Daddy Elmis Member

Without the box to show shipping damage, filing a claim is going to be very, very difficult if not impossible. Changing the tubes further complicates the issue.

Based on the info you gave, I might offer something in respect of the new tubes (those really should have been pulled and separately bubble-wrapped before shipping) as an accommodation -- but the buyer screwed himself by not doing what he should have to file a proper claim with the shipper.

My $0.02, YMMV, yada yada.

3. therigaletto

therigaletto Member

thanks for the reply man! helps alot!

4. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

no box - no claim :(

5. stratovarius

stratovarius Supporting Member

I hope he's not asking you to pony up on this. He ruined your chance to make good on the deal by taking matters into his own hands.

6. therigaletto

therigaletto Member

Thats exactly what he's doing.

7. therigaletto

therigaletto Member

8. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

A+...stratovarius.

I feel the same way.
    Look at it this way, how the heck is he going to be able to pursue any compensation from you?
    The box is gone, as everyone said "no box, no claim"
    If this goes into a legal arena:
    The entire case would be based on heresay.
    He furthered the non corraboritive nature of this situation by installing new tubes into the head (of which all of his prints are on and not one of yours is.) And even if he has the ~blackened tubes~, there is nothing to prevent that situation from being heresay either. As Daddy Elmis said, tubes should be wrapped seperately, but since the packing is gone, old tubes out, new in,= he can't even say they weren't bubble wrapped seperately, can he? In fact, even if he has the old tubes, there is nothing preventing the fact that he himself caused the blackening in some way, and if the old tubes are gone, well, let's just say he's rowing up a waterfall.
    He insured the head, and decided to act in a manner that shows non adhereance of the insurance claim protocol.
    All of his actions are inconsistant with intentions of good intent, and since he was fully aware of the insurance issue, there is no excuse he could utilize that would enable him to act in a manner that allowed him to lack the understanding of his conduct, as he breached the legal contract that he himself was persuant to, and was viable at the time of the transactions commision, while the product was in his custody. In other words, you have everything on him, and he looks like he has the words CULPABLE and FURTIVE written all over his forehead. He checkmated himself.
    I hope that helps you out,
    Mass

9. therigaletto

therigaletto Member

wow...are you a lawer??? : ) Thanks so much!

10. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

haha, no not a lawyer,
    cop maybe, but not a lawyer.
    really though...keep that post and utilize it to it's fullest. I hate when someone tries to exploit you.
    Best of luck, Mass

11. therigaletto

therigaletto Member

I most definitly will. You guys are awesome and thanks again for the great advice Mass!!

12. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

this is a crappy situation. YOu know you sent the thing in working order and somehow it got messed up during transit. there is no way to get a claim. He claims the tubes were crap. So If it were me, I would try to work something out.Ask him for the receipt on the tubes and send him the cash.Other than that, id be wary. i sent a guy a Fender rverb tank and the springs crapped out during shipping . the guy was pissed. Thought i sold him a beat unit. I know i did not so i anted up and bouth hime the tank. 35 bucks out of pocket. made the dude happy and me happy( cause i alreday spent his money)

13. therigaletto

therigaletto Member

thats good but yours was 35. mine would be 100+. I already bit the bullet and took the hit on a 224 dollar shipping to Hawaii. Not getting any more