1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help understanding Pentatonics fro country

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by jdandry, May 24, 2011.

1. jdandry

jdandry Member

Can someone help me find a site or something that has lessons on using major and minor pentatonics over country music..style of Buck Owens, Junior Brown, ect. Thanks!

2. gennation

gennation Member

I have a pretty comprehensive tutorial on mixing the two scales: http://lessons.mikedodge.com/lessons/AdvPent/AvdPentTOC.htm

The lessons look at the many ways to combine a Major Pentaotnic and a Blues scale together in one scale to manage the Major and Minor sounds in many styles of music. The cover the styles of Blues, Rock, Country, Fusion, etc...For country you'll find a number of ideas ala Albert Lee, Pete Anderson, Ricky Skaggs, Steve Morse, etc...

READ the Introduction as it will give you premise of the lessons and hopefully help you approach them as something you'll use forever. Then work through the 50+ examples/lessons. The lessons include audio, tab, diagrams, and explanations.

They are completely free too, you don't have to sign up to anything, no ads...nothing except learning material.

Enjoy! Let me know how it goes.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

IMHO, the material presented here is the single most significant thing to learn about Blues, Rock, Country, Funk, Fusion, etc.