• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Help upgrading Bridge on my CS CC Stratocaster Please

Rocksully

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a used 2012 Fender Custom Shop Strat Pro.
It needs to go to the shop for some fret work, and Id like to upgrade the bridge.
It is a very nice guitar, but something in the sound is quite lacking.

I am really lost in trying to measure the saddles, as from what I can see, they are 10mm wide, but Im using a really crappy measuring tape that Id really like to throw out the window.

The guitar has 22 Frets.
The stock bridge is a Strat Pro Class CC.
Nut Width is 1.6875"
Butt Width is 2.20"

Any advice on a specific tremolo bridge that I can replace the stock one with?
Im used to Gotoh, and have liked their products for a while.
I have a Suhr that has a Gotoh 510 that is fantastic.

Thank you very much for your help.

IanRubbish

I love what this hipshot trem did for my Jeff Beck strats tone. It made the notes seem like twice as wide, and the trem action is so much smoother. I'm going to put one on my AVRI soon.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
The stock bridge is a Strat Pro Class CC
so basically an older american standard with the square, solid offset saddles?

that's an excellent bridge and you aren't really losing anything by having it, but if you just gotta have vintage bent-steel saddles then have at it. the new fender american pro bridge would fit right on.

Rocksully

so basically an older american standard with the square, solid offset saddles?

that's an excellent bridge and you aren't really losing anything by having it, but if you just gotta have vintage bent-steel saddles then have at it. the new fender american pro bridge would fit right on.

Definitely not a fan of the bent saddles.
Just wanted to a bridge, with saddles made of steel.
I love my Gotoh 510 that is on my Suhr, but I have no idea which version to get for this Strat.

Rumble

Instrumental Rocker
Gold Supporting Member
My preference for sting spacing is 2-1/8" wide, as it places strings dead center of middle p/up poles. Next up is 2-1/16" spacing (modern spacing), and places strings dead center of bridge p/up poles. Vintage spacing is the widest, around 2-7/32", which imho, places stings a little too far out on some fretboard edges. Of course, these spacings are dependant on bridge being centered, and neck properly aligned, as well as p/up & pickguard placement.

TopJimmy5150

I deck the vibrato on my Strat. I think it helps. I like Strat vibratos to be as close to Leo's original design as possible as I think they sound best.

Rocksully

I own a Suhr Classic Antique, and the Fender CS Closet Classic Pro.
The Suhr, I absolutely love, acoustically it sounds fantastic.
The Fender, acoustically, sounds awful.
Both guitars have maple necks, rosewood fretboards, and ash bodies.

The Suhr has a Gotoh 510 Bridge, and the Fender has the STRAT PRO CLASS CC bridge.
Im thinking that by upgrading the bridge I could help the Strat sound better acoustically and stay in tune more efficiently.

Unfortunately Gotoh bridges dont seem to be a simple drop in replacement.

If I can pick the correct Gotoh bridge I guess I could take the Fender to a Tech to have it installed properly, but ideally Id prefer a drop in replacement, to save some $.

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
If the distance between the two studs is 56mm = 2.20" I *THINK* you should be able to drop in the Gotoh 510 tremolo. Someone may have to correct me on that because I've never done that with the 2-point version. I did convert my Fender with a 6-screw to the Gotoh 510 bridge. You would likely need to file/route a little of the wood away inside the cavity where the arm goes into the bridge because it sticks out a little more than the Fender version. It's pretty easy with a Dremel and sanding drum. Just go a little at a time.

Again, someone else could chime in but I don't see why you couldn't go that route.

GregCharles

Hi guys regarding the bridge replacement, i am thinking that the old vintage saddles have a better sound than the roller bridge "pro type" I have in my 80's strat and was wanting to change it out. I don't want to rout out the body to do so, any suggestions? thanks in advance

Trending Topics