HELP! Virtual Drumset question

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by jmcloud, Jan 27, 2012.

1. jmcloud

jmcloud Member

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a virtual drumset with a good 50's sound. Think Elvis, Temptations, Etta James, etc. Free if possible, cheap is great. This is for a client that doesn't have a ton of budget to work with. Any ideas? Need to find something ASAP! Thanks for any help you can provide!

(By the way, I run Logic Studio 9 and I own Reason 4 and EZ Drummer, if that helps. I also run a lot of NI stuff so anything that'll run thru Kontakt would work as well. But at this point I'll try anything...)

2. strattele335

strattele335 Member

EZDrummer has the Americana kit and the vintage rock kit. Native Instruments has the Abbey Road 60's drums. The Abbey Road drums have some nice 4 mic sounds. Those might work nice for a late 50's pop sound.

Craig

3. B Money

B Money Member

EZ Drummer 'Vintage Rock' rock kit, with the brushes should get you pretty close.

4. jmcloud

jmcloud Member

Thanks guys. I've seen those on their websites but I'm glad to hear from people with experience with them. I appreciate the info!

5. strattele335

strattele335 Member

I will be interested in hearing what you decided to use. I have not the NI stuff, but I like how they sound on the demos.
    Another kit that could be a possibility would be EZDrummer's Funkmasters kit. More 60's soul and R&B, but might be worth a shot too.
    A thought for mixing, if you haven't already, would be to just use kick and overhead mics to help get that vintage sound.

6. LSchefman

LSchefman Member

The Addictive Drums kit that was recorded to tape is strangely excellent.