help w/ auto-wah

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by adelphi710, Jun 5, 2006.

1. adelphi710

adelphi710 Member

hey, i'm looking for an autowah (botique preferably) that can get sounds along the lines of the lovetone meatball. those long sweeping wahs that basically sound like a phaser, but deeper. tia
    alex

2. entraind

entraind Member

You might check out the Pigtronix EP-1 Envelope Phaser, a unique pedal, an envelope Phaser, good clips and video at www.pigtronix.com.

3. dpote

dpote Member

4. TheFlash

TheFlash Member

Jacques Trinity

5. Soulgolem

Soulgolem Member

Can the EP-1 do those reverse envelope filter sounds ?

6. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I like the Emma Discumbobulator a lot, but I can't get it to do the really slow or long sounding filtering.

I will likely end up with a Moog LPF with some expression pedals at some point...

7. entraind

entraind Member

I'm not sure what you mean by reverse envelope filter sounds, do you mean filter-down type sounds?. I wouldn't recommend the Pigtronix for standard envelope stuff. But for envelope controlled phase sounds it's pretty remarkable...Check the vids on their site, they'll give you a good idea of the possible sounds you can get from the EP-1.

8. Soulgolem

Soulgolem Member

Yeah I meant down, according to his website, it requires a mod...

Actually, I feel the pigtronix's soundclips in general are weak, I can usually get past the bad quality and explore what it would sound like in my rig, but those really don't do justice to the pedals (I'm guessing according to reviews). Plus it would be nice to hear it in different context (chords, distortion, drive, high notes, low notes, low E high E string) etc., Helps make a choice.

I always feel pedal manufacturer's soundclips leave you still wondering. Espacially when they only play single note leads... Guitar is also a chord instrument you know !

9. sandman

sandman Member

+100000000000

10. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

The Discumbobulator can do up or down, but just not super long & slow...

11. adelphi710

adelphi710 Member

i ended up w/ the tone factor analog filter. im extremely happy with it. at first, you find it hard to figure out, but once you play with it for a bit, you realize how dynamic it really is.

12. eknapier

eknapier Member

nice, I have one coming in the mail myself. I also have been on a continual hunt for the "right" envelope filter. Tried the pigronix, qtron and old boss Twah. The Boss (old one) is actually a pretty decent filter and has lasted me until now, but I need something w/ a bit more flexibility. Hoping the Tonefactor does the trick.

13. adelphi710

adelphi710 Member

just don't be discouraged right away. at first i thought it didnt even work! but then i realized you have to adjust it every time you change your tone, but its so dynamic. slides and vibrato are where it REALLY shines