• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Help w/ my G&L Comanche semi-hollow

Mr. Limbic

I feel like a super noob with this one but I just got a new g&l comanche semi-hollow and I can't get over how amazing it is! However I just broke a string after a couple weeks and I am not familiar with the stringing process with tuners like these. They are the ones where each peg has a circular screw and I'm not sure what it is loosening or tightening. Also it appears that each string is only wrapped once, so their is no coil like my other guitars. For the life of me I can't find any videos about on how to re string a comanche, or any videos demonstrating the PTB system and/or even a diagram of which pickups are selected...Anyway help would be appreciated, the pic below is the exact guitar I am using, thanks in advance!

sshan25

Supporting Member
Unscrew counterclockwise, being careful not to go too far and have the thumbscrew fall out. Put new string through hole in peg. Pull string tight. Tighten screw clockwise. Tune up. Retighten screw. Presto. Nice axe, BTW.

guitararmy

I agree. That's a very nice Comanche!
Concerning the locking tuners, I usually orient the hole so that the low strings are pointing towards 10:00 or so and the high strings at 12:00 before I lock them and cut them off. That's what my old Schaller locking keys had on the instructions...the goal is to not have too much string wrapping around the tuner.

Mr. Limbic

I put together a little PTB primer a while back. It might be of interest.
http://gtroblq.blogspot.com/2010/09/dialing-in-g-ptb-system.html
This is great thanks! It's definitely been fun playing with combinations like u mentioned. My main question was honestly about how the series/parallel switch w/ the z coils was laid out, but that was worded badly on my end. I agree though, I'm getting sounds I've never achieved and I've never been a guitar knob guy

Trending Topics

Top Bottom