Help - wife wants to go see indie folk band. Zzzzzzz.....

MisterTV

Supporting Member
The Head and the Heart.

I don't dismiss the talent or the appeal to others, but God help me, alterna-folk rock is my musical Ambien. I might fall asleep by the third song.

On the bright side, at least my wife isn't a fan of Bro Country. Those concerts would require heavy sedation well in advance.

dirk_benedict

Supporting Member
The struggle is real, bro. What impossibly-high-cred-establishing band/genre of choice would you prefer to see instead?

Seriously though, there is a cute blonde female in the band. That might sustain you for a bit?

atquinn

Supporting Member
The Head and the Heart.

I don't dismiss the talent or the appeal to others, but God help me, alterna-folk rock is my musical Ambien. I might fall asleep by the third song.

On the bright side, at least my wife isn't a fan of Bro Country. Those concerts would require heavy sedation well in advance.
I wonder if she goes on internet forums complaining about stupid **** you want her to go with you to. Take one for the team and quit your whining!
-
Austin

Last edited:

twoheadedboy

She wants to support live music?

Good for her.

:)
This. Also, why does she have to bring you? Why not go with a friend or something? I wouldn't drag my SO to something that she wasn't into. We have enough stuff that we do together.

27sauce

The one time I recall my wife dragging me to something i was dreading was the Counting Crows openning for John Mayer openning. Glad I went, I left a huge CC fan. She's gone to see them since, but hadn't invited me again. :(

thecornman

I don't get why you would have to go? Why doesn't she take a friend who might actually enjoy it instead? I don't drag my lady to Stoner Rock shows I enjoy and she doesn't drag me to bubble gum pop shows she enjoys! People can have lives apart still when they are a couple. It is healthy.

2HBStrat

What's the worst that can happen? You do something that makes your wife happy and you have a chance to hear some new music that you aren't familiar with, and you might even like it, and you might even have a good time.....yeah, you're right....that sounds terrible.....

Spooky Action

It has moments that remind me of album cuts of 70's pop.
Just pretend you enjoy it. She might have done it for you.