Help - wife wants to go see indie folk band. Zzzzzzz.....

The Captain

What's the worst that can happen? You do something that makes your wife happy and you have a chance to hear some new music that you aren't familiar with, and you might even like it, and you might even have a good time.....yeah, you're right....that sounds terrible.....

I just played this to my wife and her girlfriend (no Harley) who are doing girly hair stuff, and the consensus is, it's nice, and an evening of that would be cool, if seated with food and drink. Not really nitrated in standing room only, or trying to pogo to it.
Maybe I'm a soft cock, but I thought it was OK. Not hair-raising, but not bad.

2HBStrat

I just played this to my wife and her girlfriend (no Harley) who are doing girly hair stuff, and the consensus is, it's nice, and an evening of that would be cool, if seated with food and drink. Not really nitrated in standing room only, or trying to pogo to it.
Maybe I'm a soft cock, but I thought it was OK. Not hair-raising, but not bad.
Yeah, I've heard them before and I liked them.....not my favorite, but certainly doable for a night to accommodate my wife/SO......

Sam Karnatz

Does your Wife have girlfriends?..... Sounds like a girls' night out to me. Last thing Mrs. K dragged me to was Nick Cave...(and what a show!)

doctorx

I went to a concert with a former girlfriend a couple years ago for a band called the Decemberests. Paid for the tickets too.

I never heard of them, she wanted to go. The place was packed, she and the crowd loved it, I yawned through the whole thing.

Me: "Did you enjoy it honey??"
Her: "I loved it!"
Me: "I'm glad, sweetheart."

Gotta keep the ladies happy, fellas.

bobmc

Kinda OT, but years ago I reluctantly bought my wife and I Lyle Lovett tickets (not a hater, just not my cuppa), and was very pleased to find most of the hall filled with pretty women. I took my drink and settled in among this lovely crowd to have his 'Large Band' knock me out, Mr. Jerry Douglas in particular. Midway thru he brought out the bassist's sister, Alison Krauss, to sing. So yeah, I was glad it was my IDEA TO GO.

atquinn

Supporting Member
Kinda OT, but years ago I reluctantly bought my wife and I Lyle Lovett tickets (not a hater, just not my cuppa), and was very pleased to find most of the hall filled with pretty women. I took my drink and settled in among this lovely crowd to have his 'Large Band' knock me out, Mr. Jerry Douglas in particular. Midway thru he brought out the bassist's sister, Alison Krauss, to sing. So yeah, I was glad it was my IDEA TO GO.
Saw Lyle Lovett open for Sting many many years ago. He was awesome. I'd see him anytime.
-
Austin

atquinn

Supporting Member
Saw that same show at Darien Lake. Lyle Lovett blew Sting away, IMO.
Not for me, but then I'm a Sting fan :) (although the album he was touring for, Mercury Falling, is my least favorite of the ones I own by him and I stopped following him after that).
It was cool when Lyle came out to do I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Crying with him.
-
Austin

Jason UP

Supporting Member
Pfft. That's nothing. I've got you beat.

Luke Bryan. Luke friggin Bryan.
Miranda Lambert.
Tim McGraw.

the kicker....
Florida Georgia Line. ick.

And I can't stand modern country, much less bro country. Nuff said. I'd kill to upgrade this sh*t genre beatdown I get annually to Head and the Heart.

Trending Topics