help wiring for DD-500 custom bank up/down

rhoydotp

I want to make a custom bank up/down using a "Momentary (ON)-Off-(ON) Flat Shaft Toggle" switch. I want to assign this for a CTL1 (up) & CTL2 (down).

Need help on how I need to wire this to a stereo TRS jack ... or is it even going to work?

Thx!

s-l1600.jpg

stinkfoot

I'd wire the center lug to sleeve, with the two outer lugs to tip and ring. I don't know if that's what the DD-500 expects to see, but then you'd have a switch that connects tip to sleeve in one mode, ring to sleeve in the other, and nothing in the center/resting mode.

rhoydotp

Thanks for the input @stinkfoot ! I supposed I can experiment.

Hoping to hear from someone who have tried already, though. I am afraid I might fry the DD-500 by accident!

tremolo3

You are not going to fry anything.
Use google if you can.
Try something.
If it doesn't work I will help you.

But, I'm not really sure that switch will work, the easiest you could do is to use 2 SPST switches.

Clark GriswoId

Looks Great. Little Full, Lotta Sap.
Silver Supporting Member
Funny thing - I saw a pedal on Reverb last night that was custom made for bank up and down - it was basically two footswitches.

rhoydotp

You are not going to fry anything.
Use google if you can.
Try something.
If it doesn't work I will help you.

But, I'm not really sure that switch will work, the easiest you could do is to use 2 SPST switches.

Funny thing - I saw a pedal on Reverb last night that was custom made for bank up and down - it was basically two footswitches.

Thanks for the input and the assurance. I did try Google and nothing shows up on how a custom controller using this momentary switch for a Boss DD-500 should be wired :)

Plenty of info on SPST on the internet. But I'm also trying to have this unit as small as possible. And since the "Assign" function on the DD-500 allows for a bank change triggered by momentary switch, I was hoping that this ONE switch would do the trick. I'll do the left ON position for Bank UP, and the right ON position for Bank Down.

Btw, I got the idea of this momentary switch from the Diamond Memory Lane Jr. I have. Although it only uses an ON-OFF momentary toggle, I figure why not do it two directions.

I just ordered it, I guess I will just have to try once the parts arrived.

thanks again @ramonovrki & @Clark GriswoId

Trending Topics

Top Bottom