• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Help with 2002 G&L Bluesboy(?) Value

Bluesdaddy

G&L makes non F holed chambered bluesboys too. I think that's a fair price ..maybe a bit high but in the ball park .

Kmaz

I think he's a couple hundred or more high. Nice guitar, and it does look like a Bluesboy.

Nivs

Thanks. Is it like to be the same as a current bluesboy, eg Seth Lover in the neck? Any big differences?

Thanks. Is it like to be the same as a current bluesboy, eg Seth Lover in the neck? Any big differences?
No, G&L uses a Duncan '59 in the neck now. I know their website says Seth Lover, but their site if often quite wrong on the specs

You can get a Bluesboy semi hollow with or without the F hole, and you can also get it as solidbody.

$900 is a good price for a 2002 one. Those are better than the ones coming out now. Plus, that one is an ash body, which is a $100 upcharge on a G&L.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
They had a Seth back then. They don't know. I had one from around then. It was a nice guitar. The bridge pickup squealed really badly and I ended up replacing it, but other than that it was decent. Not great, but good. The price as mentioned, seems to be in the ball park.

ASATlove

That IS a good price for an American Semi Hollow Blues Boy. I have paid more, but a Blues Boy is worth it. They DO need to be shielded. For some reason G&L doesn't see fit to do that, so every G&L I have has been. I have done both copper tape and paint. They both do well and the guitar is MUCH more quiet after it has been done. These guitars are about on par with Fender Custom shop team built guitars.(and the G&L is standard production)
As a side note to a previous post: the new AMERICAN made Blues Boys STILL have a SD Seath Lover HB in the neck. The IMPORT Blues Boy's have a American made G&L Paul Gagon HB in them. They are different from one another, but both good HB's......:BluesBros

Trending Topics