• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

help with acoustic intonation problem

tibs

Hi, I've got a problem with my ovation acoustic/electric and wondering if anyone has some ideas.
The g string on it has lost the intonation, going really flat. It's a fixed bridge, and the neck is fine as well as the other strings. I'm wondering if i add a bit of glue or something to the bridge saddle to raise it up a bit will this help? Or any other ideas? It's at the point now where it's useless for playing, and I don't have any repair shops near where I live.

RustyAxe

Hi, I've got a problem with my ovation acoustic/electric and wondering if anyone has some ideas.
The g string on it has lost the intonation, going really flat. It's a fixed bridge, and the neck is fine as well as the other strings. I'm wondering if i add a bit of glue or something to the bridge saddle to raise it up a bit will this help? Or any other ideas? It's at the point now where it's useless for playing, and I don't have any repair shops near where I live.
If nothing else changed, I'd suspect the string. When did you last change them? Have you swapped in a new one?

tibs

i changed them a while back, it was out before but seemed to get worse with the new strings. I'll try a thicker gauge this weekend to see if that helps.
Thanks for the advice guys.

drive-south

What guage of strings are you using vs what does the factory recommend. A lot of people try using extra light gauge strings which are a bad choice on most acoustics. Most guitars like light gauge strings (.012 to .054). Anything lighter than that (or heavier) will affect intonation. You can use a compensated saddle, however most of these compensate the B-string, not the G. A custom saddle could be made to compensate the G if you insist on using a non-standard string gauge.

drive-south

M

Member 995

The strings I have on now are 009 or 010's on the high e, i'll try the 12's.
If you didn't have a wound G on their before, then that would account for the intonation issues.

Trending Topics